“Great place to stay with plenty of room and good heaters!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo
Ranked #56 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip in November 2013. I arrived at the hotel in a winter storm! Fortunately, the hotel had good heaters, and not once did I get cold!

Pros: Convenient airport location, large suite-style rooms with separate living room and bedroom areas, clean, good HVAC, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast, clean indoor pool, and more!

Cons: The workout room wasn't very clean, nor did the TV work.

I would have no problem staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in a room on the upper floor to prevent car headlights from shining in you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our hotel was clean and the employees friendly.
It is always great to hear from satisfied guests. It lets us know we are doing a good job.
We do look forward to your next trip to Louisville.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I travel often and don't usually write reviews, but I'm highly disappointed in the service of this hotel and thought others should know. I often travel to Louisville and this time my fiancé and I had plans to clean out and pack up a store in Oxmoor Mall on New Year's Eve night. We brought along our four year old and his grandparents. We chose Comfort Inn and Suites because it had a pool. We thought this would be perfect for our son and his grandparents to keep them busy while we worked through the night. At check-in everything looked great! The hotel seemed nice and plenty of room for the five of us. While the others went to the car to get more bags, my son and I decided to check out the pool. He was extremely excited to see it, but was soon disappointed when we saw a Closed sign on the pool door. I went to the front desk to see what the problem was and the lady behind the counter said there was a problem with the chemicals being too high and that no one could swim in it. She had planned to check it every few hours and would call our room when it was okay to swim. There were plenty of other hotels in Louisville that had pools and that was the only reason we wanted to stay there. I asked if we could be switched to the other Comfort Suites in Louisville that also had a pool? She told me No because they were individually owned. I then asked if we could get our money back? She again told me No because we had already checked in. We had only been there twenty minutes and were not told the pool was closed or we would have never checked in! I guess that is why they charge your card immediately at check-in. I understand that a hotel cannot control all problems that occur. But when things with a hotel that are advertised are not available the hotel should work with their guest to better suit them. I cannot believe Comfort Suites would not give our money back when we found out their pool was not working. This was the ONLY reason we chose this hotel for our child and family to enjoy. We will not ever be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lauren M
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hello. Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. As I am truly sorry for the pool being closed and causing a child to be disappointed. It is not safe to be in the pool if the chemicals are not right. This is the only time we have to close the pool, for the guests safety. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow us another chance to accommodate you and your family.
Again, thank you for responding on Trip Advisor, letting us know our short comings.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Yikes! We checked in today and would move hotels if we had time. First impression was one person working the front desk and a long line. People were saying they did not have towels or pillows. The carpets are filthy and actually feel dirty beneath bare feet. There is an exposed outlet in our room, a hole in the ceiling and dust everywhere. The bedspreads looked so dirty that we were afraid to use them. I am dreading the free breakfast tomorrow. Maybe a good deal for $40 but for $169 no way. Hoping not to have to spend much time in the room at all.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank WillowD227
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you so much for responding on Trip Advisor. I do want to apologize for your unpleasant stay. Cleanliness should never be overlooked, and I'm sorry you found our hotel less than what you should expect. Please accept my sincere apology. I do hope we can accommodate you in the future, and you will be able to go out with a better opinion of Comfort Inn and Suites.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I will keep this short. It is an OK hotel to stay at if you are going to the park or for something at the expo center. It needs some upgrades done to it, shower was really weak pressure and breakfast was lets say didn't look edible. I would try a different hotel when I come back in the area. I am a diamond elite member and was not even recognized for it. That I can overlook but at least you could smile at your guest when checking them in or out. We like to know you want you to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alan G
Donna F, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I do want to aplogize for the unsatisfactory stay. I am truly sorry you were not greeted with a smile, either coming or going. Our front desk clerks are usually very friendly to all the guests.
Please accept my sincere apology. We would love to accommodate you again. Please be assured these matters are taken seriously. Again thank you for taking time to let us know where we need work.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This was for an overnight stay before flying out the next morning. We did leave our vehicle while we were gone and the 10.00 one time flat fee was great. The shuttle was nice for getting us to the AP for our flight and picking us up on our return. Desk people were very nice. We didn't use the breakfast service other than for coffee. There was a smell in the halls that smelled like an exterminator had recently been there. Our king room was clean, the sofa was well worn and no extra blanket. The bathroom was clean but the toilet was a rocking one. It leaked water around the seal on the floor. We wrapped a towel around it and it was pretty wet the next morning. Overall for a quick overnight stay it suited our needs, but I wouldn't stay there again if the Hampton Inn was available.

• Stayed: October 2013
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. As I do appreciate the kind words, I do regret this was not a totally enjoyable stay. Again thank you for your response. It will keep us on our toes.
I do hope we may be able to accommodate you in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have a Comfort Inn in our town that I book customers into and it is a very nice hotel. When I booked my group into this one at the Expo center I was shocked at how unkept the room was. Needing a facelift is an understatement. The wall paper in the bathroom was literally falling off the wall. The carpet was so stained with spots that I put towels down to walk on the carpet. There were black mold spots around the air conditioners in some of our rooms. The stains on the comforter was noticeable. The bent lamp that rocked back in forth on the desk after you turned it on was my favorite. We went to the front desk and complained and since it was a Sunday night I needed to wait till the Front desk manager was there on Monday. On Monday when I complained she stated that they were unaware of these rooms and I showed her pictures that I took of the problems. They did offer to switch rooms, but I was afraid I would get something with mold in since I did not have any. If they needed to run to the airport for the shuttle the front desk person put up a sign and said we will be back. So when you check in on Sunday afternoon like I did - we had to wait till he got back from his run - 20 minutes. The next clerk left up the sign while she was in the back texting on her phone. I asked for the owners name and they told me he would call me. I have not heard anything. I also called the complaint department for Choice Hotels and they said the GM would respond with in 24 hours. I got a form email from here. I am waiting to hear if anything is resolved.

Room Tip: I like rooms in the middle of the hallway less traffic noise from the elevators and generally the ex...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TheTexasQueen
Donna F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Expo, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Please accept my sincere appology for you unpleasant stay. Be assured the problems you encountered have been sent to the manager. I do hope you give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed her Friday night in Oct in order to see the St. James Art Fair. The room was large, clean and nice. Becasue we joined Choice Hotel Rewards we got this room for on +$50. Did not even get up early enough for the breakfast on Saturday morning, but still felt like this place was a good deal.

Room Tip: Join the different rewards club to get discounted prices for your rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for responding on Trip Advisor. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed yourself at the St James Art Fair. We hope you come back through town soon, and we can accommodate you. On your next stay perhaps you will be able to enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast. Again, I thank you for your kind response.