“Diners, Drive ins and Cave dives road trip; #1 in Ribs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smoketown USA - CLOSED

Smoketown USA
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Diners, Drive ins and Cave dives road trip; #1 in Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was our second last stop on The Great North to South BBQ adventure.
After consuming more ribs than any two people should consume over an 11 day period, these were far and away the best we had. I'd give it a 5, but I'm holding out for the ultimate Rib; as time passes this rating may go up.

I can not say the chicken was great, maybe I'm just not into smoked chicken.
Not the best cornbread, we had some phenomenal cornbread by comparison on our journey ...
the baked beans were okay, the greens were better than most I had, still not fantastic ...
but these ribs were fall off the bone divine, large (beef) and small (pork) alike.

Beef rib by far, the best I've ever had.

Trendy inside, lots to look at and a great buzzing crowd of what appeared to be mostly locals - always a good sign .. the outside at night was a little unnerving although not being from the area I could be totally wrong about that ... Either way a police escort pretty much all the way there and back from our place of residence calmed my nerves enough.
Regardless ... I'll be back .. during the day ... for more great ribs, a definite must stop here.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank akyraty

Zephyrhills, Florida
“Really good bbq”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I've had smoked slow cooked ribs all over the usa,and would compare these to as good as any I've had.i had the sample platter, st.louis ribs,beef ribs and chicken leg,all done perfectly as in fall off the bone smokey goodness.the sides i had were the soul greens,very nice,mac n cheese,a bit pedestrian, baked beans,would have been much better if they let the meat drippings cook into them,and the jalapeno cornbread I'll agree with other reviews was more cake like without enough jalapenos. The beer selection was awesome, several local brews.I had the Kentucky bourbon ale,a nice sweet amber ale.the restaurant itself was eclectic , funky, charming and real.the service was excellent and casual with a genuine friendliness, although it did take a tad longer for our meals to arrive and it wasn't that busy,but the quality of the food and portion size made up for that.the owner walked about chatting up the patrons,a very personable guy.next time I'm in Louisville will definitely be going back.the neighborhood might be a bit sketchy but I've found some of the best bbq in sketchy places.I highly recommend this place

Lincoln Park, Michigan
“Excellent all around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food was excellent as was the service and the ambiance. The owner made it a point to stop and talk with everyone that came in & was very helpful with tips on local attractions. The brisket, ribs, & chicken were all top notch. Will be a definite stop our next time through! Oh and the coffee was even top notch, as the owner said & i'd have to agree it has Chutzpah. ;-)

• Visited March 2014
“Excellent BQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great BQ in a somewhat shady part of downtown Louisville. Obvious regulars present during our visit as owner knew them by name. Beer selection is minimal, seating area limited. One visit included an acoustic guitar player, second visit without.

Visited February 2014
McAllen, Texas
“Great ribs, sides only OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The ribs are first class, the service good and the folks friendly. The soul greens were only OK , the mac n cheese was flavorless. But do come for the meat, its really good. The abience is nice, you won't be sorry you went, I have in some other places.

• Visited February 2014