Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
indiana
“Great service”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is a very large and very beautiful hotel. There was a large contingent of sixth-graders in the hotel for a program the night we were there, but we were placed on a high floor and did not experience any bad behavior or noise. There is a nice pool inside an atrium with a lifeguard on duty. Airport shuttle (24 hours) is 5-10 minutes to the terminal. When we returned the shuttle was there 10 minutes after my call. There was a problem with my reservation not being in the system, but it was quickly rectified by the manager on duty who simply matched the terms of my confirmation email.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank travelcop24
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Travelcop24,
Thank you for your great comments regarding the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we are so glad that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service and enjoyed the pool. We are very sorry that there were problems with your reservations originally and very please our MOD was able to rectify the situation. We look forward to you returning,

Warm Regards,
jshake@cplouisville.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good place to stay.
Very well located for a short business trip. I was in town for a show at Kentucky Exhibition Center. That´s great. Walking distance from the hotel.

I was not very pleasant with the breakfast. There is no option for those that are not used with American breakfast style. No breads and better for instance.
I also missed the refrigerator at the room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
213paul_S213, Executive Chef at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Good Day Mr. Jose_Tranjan
Thank you for your recent comments about the Blue Horse Restaurant,
I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations, we use all comment to try better out self
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here before and happily booked again. We were in a room about 5 from the elevator and couldn't hear that noise, however, there was about an inch space between the door and the floor so we could easily hear all the hallway noise. The walls seemed very thin, we heard entire conversations from the room next door to us. The pool was busy but our kids had a great time. We had breakfast at the restaurant, food was okay. I like the idea of a nightlight in the room but the light was so bright and reflected off the full length mirror that it was hard to get our kids to fall asleep.

Room Tip: We booked online ahead and were able to add breakfast for 2 adults for $6 - worth it as the restaura...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank thazard143
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear thazard143
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we love getting comments from our repeat guest, we are so glad you have a quiet stay and so very sorry that the nightlight was too bright, we truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Hope to see you again soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I booked the hotel on Hotwire a few days prior to our stay for a very good price. We came for a 3 day visit to the area as a mini-vacation. The hotel is huge, and easy to find, as it is right off the freeway near the airport. There was plenty of parking. We arrived late, and were able to check-in easily. The staff was friendly and actually upgraded our room, since I requested a quiet room with King bed. The room was a corner suite with huge separate living room. The room was clean and fairly updated. The bathroom was adequate, very clean. We had breakfast at the restaurant, which was standard fare and pricing was reasonable for a hotel restaurant breakfast (I believe the buffet was $12). We did not have any of the problems that some other reviewers mention regarding large groups. There appeared to be a conference going on, but it did not cause any problems. We visited the hotel bar briefly one evening, and the service was good. We visited Churchill Downs (5 minutes) and downtown Louisville (about 10 minutes). I would not hesitate to stay again and recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coharahawk
Dear Cocharahawk,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, always great to hear that our guest find us in a good location and our rooms to be comfortable. We do hope your return again for another mini vacation.

Warm Regards
United States
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I was booked into the Candlewood Suites and they called to tell me they overbooked by mistake ! They sent me to a comped room at the Crown Plaza which I wasn't pleased about since there was a State HOSA high school meeting and a dog show in addition. Turned out rooms were newly renovated and were very comfortable and clean . Food at the bar was great...salads were HUGE. Only problem was that shower took well over. 15 minutes to get anywhere near warm , let alone HOT!!

• Stayed March 2014
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Lexy57 thank you for your 5 star rating and the great review! We are so happy that we you weren't disappointed in the Crowne Plaza Louisville, Look forward to you staying again!
Radcliff, Kentucky
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed because of the proximity to the airport, but wish I'd known that a BMX even was taking place at the Expo. I know hotels can only do so much to control their guests, but really think they could have upped security knowing a group like this was going to be in house. My family and I were nearly run over in the parking lot, and then the driver got out and threatened me further because he thought I said something to him (I was simply telling my daughter to watch out since he wasn't slowing down). Mgmt wasn't very apologetic about the incident either, and was quick to state that they can't control their guests.

Also, it took 3 hours to get a pizza. They were busy, but that is ridiculous. Mgmt did give me a discount and some extra points for the inconvenience though.

Having worked in hospitality for nearly 15 years, I understand how quickly a hotel can get overwhelmed. Otherwise I would have scored them lower.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay . On Behalf of the hotel, please accept my apologies for the problems encountered with the groups in house and the wait time on your order during your recent stay in our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us, the feedback we receive enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport, we appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Served as keynote spkr at an event there. After learning of my 2-hour flight delay, hotel's banquet mgr (Amy F) traveled in the hotel shuttle to the airport to greet me and ensure that my needs were met. She offered to bring me a snack while I changed for the event (30minutes window); she printed my speech and hand-delivered to my room, walked me to correct banquet room, and even checked on me the next morning. The king suite with a fridge was quite roomy, two vanity counters, large closet, 2 work tables. Wish I could have stayed there longer. Check-out clerk was very courteous and double-checked that my stay was pleasant, which it was. Also, the banquet staff at the dinner was terrific and attentive (one even gave me some aspirin for a stress headache!) Clean, nice public areas, close to airport. My room was paid for by someone else so can't comment on value, but I'd guess worth the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we are so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience and that Amy was here to see you through your event, we do hope that you will return again,