Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Skokie, Illinois
“Repeat stay”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here before and happily booked again. We were in a room about 5 from the elevator and couldn't hear that noise, however, there was about an inch space between the door and the floor so we could easily hear all the hallway noise. The walls seemed very thin, we heard entire conversations from the room next door to us. The pool was busy but our kids had a great time. We had breakfast at the restaurant, food was okay. I like the idea of a nightlight in the room but the light was so bright and reflected off the full length mirror that it was hard to get our kids to fall asleep.

Room Tip: We booked online ahead and were able to add breakfast for 2 adults for $6 - worth it as the restaura...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank thazard143
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear thazard143
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we love getting comments from our repeat guest, we are so glad you have a quiet stay and so very sorry that the nightlight was too bright, we truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Hope to see you again soon.

John Shake, GM
jshake@cplouisville.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I booked the hotel on Hotwire a few days prior to our stay for a very good price. We came for a 3 day visit to the area as a mini-vacation. The hotel is huge, and easy to find, as it is right off the freeway near the airport. There was plenty of parking. We arrived late, and were able to check-in easily. The staff was friendly and actually upgraded our room, since I requested a quiet room with King bed. The room was a corner suite with huge separate living room. The room was clean and fairly updated. The bathroom was adequate, very clean. We had breakfast at the restaurant, which was standard fare and pricing was reasonable for a hotel restaurant breakfast (I believe the buffet was $12). We did not have any of the problems that some other reviewers mention regarding large groups. There appeared to be a conference going on, but it did not cause any problems. We visited the hotel bar briefly one evening, and the service was good. We visited Churchill Downs (5 minutes) and downtown Louisville (about 10 minutes). I would not hesitate to stay again and recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coharahawk
Dear Cocharahawk,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, always great to hear that our guest find us in a good location and our rooms to be comfortable. We do hope your return again for another mini vacation.

Warm Regards
John Shake, GM
jshake@cplouisville.com
United States
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I was booked into the Candlewood Suites and they called to tell me they overbooked by mistake ! They sent me to a comped room at the Crown Plaza which I wasn't pleased about since there was a State HOSA high school meeting and a dog show in addition. Turned out rooms were newly renovated and were very comfortable and clean . Food at the bar was great...salads were HUGE. Only problem was that shower took well over. 15 minutes to get anywhere near warm , let alone HOT!!

• Stayed March 2014
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Lexy57 thank you for your 5 star rating and the great review! We are so happy that we you weren't disappointed in the Crowne Plaza Louisville, Look forward to you staying again!
Radcliff, Kentucky
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed because of the proximity to the airport, but wish I'd known that a BMX even was taking place at the Expo. I know hotels can only do so much to control their guests, but really think they could have upped security knowing a group like this was going to be in house. My family and I were nearly run over in the parking lot, and then the driver got out and threatened me further because he thought I said something to him (I was simply telling my daughter to watch out since he wasn't slowing down). Mgmt wasn't very apologetic about the incident either, and was quick to state that they can't control their guests.

Also, it took 3 hours to get a pizza. They were busy, but that is ridiculous. Mgmt did give me a discount and some extra points for the inconvenience though.

Having worked in hospitality for nearly 15 years, I understand how quickly a hotel can get overwhelmed. Otherwise I would have scored them lower.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay . On Behalf of the hotel, please accept my apologies for the problems encountered with the groups in house and the wait time on your order during your recent stay in our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us, the feedback we receive enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport, we appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Served as keynote spkr at an event there. After learning of my 2-hour flight delay, hotel's banquet mgr (Amy F) traveled in the hotel shuttle to the airport to greet me and ensure that my needs were met. She offered to bring me a snack while I changed for the event (30minutes window); she printed my speech and hand-delivered to my room, walked me to correct banquet room, and even checked on me the next morning. The king suite with a fridge was quite roomy, two vanity counters, large closet, 2 work tables. Wish I could have stayed there longer. Check-out clerk was very courteous and double-checked that my stay was pleasant, which it was. Also, the banquet staff at the dinner was terrific and attentive (one even gave me some aspirin for a stress headache!) Clean, nice public areas, close to airport. My room was paid for by someone else so can't comment on value, but I'd guess worth the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we are so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience and that Amy was here to see you through your event, we do hope that you will return again,
Big Bear Lake, California
Reviewed March 8, 2014

For at least ten years now, I've stayed at the Crown Plaza (formerly the Executive Inn West) in connection with the Show of Shows militaria show at the Expo Center. We have usually had a room with two king size beds, which is very spacious and more than adequate to the needs of two persons for $100-110 per night double occupancy. There's free Wi-Fi, so none of the BS fees that so-called prestigious hotels and those in Vegas are somehow able to get away with charging. The restaurant is adequate, but better dining is only available by traveling downtown or elsewhere. The evening buffet is way over priced at $27, although I've had the breakfast buffet and I recall it being more moderately priced. Service, however, at the restaurant is usually friendly and attentive even at the busiest of times. Access to the Expo Center is easy, with shuttles running "on demand" throughout the day. On a nice weather day, it's even possible to walk back to the hotel in about ten minutes. The convenience store in the hotel is small and carries most "necessaries" needed by guests. There's also a small "snack bar" adjacent to the restaurant for those not wanting a full-blown meal in the restaurant. The hotel usually distributes USA Today to each room, but those wanting a quality newspaper will have to have the shuttle take them to the airport, where there is a newsstand just inside the doors with a full selection of major newspapers, such as the Wall street Journal. Lastly, the business center available to guests enables them to print out e-mails, boarding passes, etc. during their stay. The hotel is only minutes from the airport and the shuttle will make pickups with a simple call. The proximity of the airport, while a virtue, is also a downside due to the noise of the jets taking off. However, a set of earplugs can eliminate that noise and annoyance for most sleepers. All-in-all a convenient and satisfactory place to stay while at Expo Center events. I'll be back in fact in June for another convention at the Expo Center.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's a distance form the elevators, which are loud and obnoxious.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review, we are so pleased that you found everything you needed in our hotel or nearby, we look forward to your return,
Heflin AL
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while we were attending the Louisville Gun Show and the hotel was full. But our stay was great from check-in with Adam till check-out. We were not bothered with airplane noises as we expected. The amenities were very nice and the bed was comfortable. We had a king suite and we really enjoyed the way the room was laid out. The room was spotlessly clean and we could have not asked for more. Don't hesitate to stay here! We will be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review of the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we are so pleased that you had a great experience from check in (with Adam) to check out and that you enjoyed the comfortable bed and the amenities available. We do look forward to you returning,