“What a pleasant surprise!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
Ranked #41 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesterfield, Virginia
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I have stopped staying at Holiday Inn family of hotels after one too many problems but on this business trip I was conducting a conference at this property so it only made sense to stay here. Wow, this old property have been completely remodeled and they have done a fantastic job. Every aspect of my stay was perfect. The people at the front desk has been there for many years, some from before this property took the present name and they have kept their incredible charm. They were all exceptionally nice, personable and very helpful. The room was really nice, very comfortable, impeccably clean and nicely furnish. Room service was quick and tasty. The conference facility was excellent and the banquet manager went out of her way to accommodate my needs. I will be back and because of this property I may give this family of hotels another try. I highly recommend this property for when your travels bring you to this town. The location, near the airport is also a big plus for me.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are so pleased that you stayed with us again and we were able to change your mind about our brand, we do hope that you will stay with us again during your next conference or just passing through town, I will defiantly make sure our team knows of your good experience. We look forward to your return,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel rooms fine. I stay in hotels around 80 nights a year, and have never eaten worse food. Sent first meal back, ate second because it was late and I was hungry. Food reheated and served with a lack of care that bordered on criminal. Horrible. Might be the first ever restaurant I'm scared of. Eat here at your peril.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review, on behalf of the Crowne Plaza please except my apologies for the restaurant being unsatisfactory during your visit, we would love to talk to you more about your experience. We do hope that you will return again and give us another try.
Gary
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed there 2 days everything was great very close to Church Hill Downs also only 15 min from downtown attractions very nice meeting space one of the biggest hotels I have stayed at decor was nice service was nice.

Room Tip: I had a Jr. Pres Suite was very roomy only draw back was the bathroom was not in the bedroom.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we are so pleased you found the room to be roomy and our staff to be nice, we do hope that you will be able to return again soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

First, the person who checked me in, had her nose stuck so far in the air, I felt like I was disturbing her! Never told me a thing about the hotel, services, were the elevator was, nothing! I went to the room, and all along the way, you could see the dust lines around ALL the doors and all the carpet edges! After entering the room, my allergies kicked in! Noise from the hotel hallways, even heard the shower from next door was a bother. People have remarked about the bed, but I found the mattress had, and too high off the floor!

Almost everyday, something was left not done in the room, which includes the cleaning that was overlooked! The last day, the tub nothing was cleaned, but the bed was kind of made up! The restaurant was a real issue, not only did it take me ONE HOUR to get my take out order, but the food was cold!, and not good! There is a hole in the ceiling, which was very concerning, and scratching on the wall. To me, I felt this hotel is sorely in need of a renovation!

This was the only time, I thought about leaving a hotel, and checking into another one! The best thing about this hotel was the complimentary lotion, shower gel, etc, and the shuttle drivers! I have to come to Louisville at least twice a month, and saying here would be only as a last resort!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Epic L
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport. On Behalf of the hotel, please accept my apologies for the problems encountered during your recent stay in our hotel. It is the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airports’ goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us, the feedback we receive enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is beautiful but poorly managed. We stayed there for the North American International Livestock show, which is one of the largest livestock shows in the nation. This hotel is located with in walking distance from the show grounds. Why would the management of this hotel book a YMCA youth conference with over 700 youth for the same week? The youth were loud rude and completely disrespectful to other guests. They ran yelling up and down the halls way passed 11:00 pm. I booked a king suite with a refrigerator, sleeper sofa. We were given a a king without a refrigerator or a sofa for my sons to sleep . When I went to the front desk, I was told I was given the room I booked. I checked my records and asked to speak to a manager who offered us a roll away which I took because we were exhausted.The next night when we returned to our room trash was not emptied, 700 + rude children were running around yelling, my family had to get up at 4 am . I complained to the manager on duty who offered to take $40.00 off our bill. We attempted to sleep but unsupervised students were running up and down the halls yelling way passed 1:00am. When I looked at our check out statement before leaving at 4 am , there was no $40.00 credit on the bill! I went to the front to explain the situation, the staff said there was nothing they could do! Well if you want the room you paid to sleep in and would like to be able to sleep , GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
nbartholow, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you felt during your stay. I have taken your information and it will be delivered and discussed with our Senior Management Team.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for the FFA convention check in was quick the rooms were great and wifi was amazing and then we decided to eat at the resteraunt boy was that a terrible idea! It started out great ! As soon as we sat down we were greeted by Brittany our assistant server she got us waters and told us about the special they had going on for the day then Our server was Angelica and she was down right rude with me and wife! She seemed to get an attitude anytime I asked something and she didn't know the answer to any of the questions I asked her. and then our assistant server , Brittany, was cleaning a table and Angelica proceeded to yell at Brittany while she was standing at our table because she needed a glass of root beer ASAP I thought this was down right unprofessional. Brittany handled it well by saying she was busy at that moment but she would get it in a few moments. Angelica did not like that answer and proceeded to yell even more. After our very rude server walked away I pulled Brittanyover to ask if she was ok (fatherly instinct kicking in) she of course said yeh that she was very sorry about what I had just witnessed and I asked if she could do anything to make it a better experience for me and my wife and I replied with just keep smiling. Brittany was an amazing girl who smiled the entire time I was in the resteraunt which made it a little bit better

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do appreciate the information given to us. We will use this information to continue with what makes our guest happy and take what is not good and make changes. We apologize for your experience in the Blue Horse. It is not our practice to have anyone yelling or raising their voice. I have taken your review and passed it along to the Managers of the Blue Horse so this type of action can be addressed.
Again, thank you for the review and please accept our apologies.
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here for the National FFA convention held at the Expo Center at the end of October. The service was excellent, staff was very pleasant. I was worried about not getting sleep due to the thousands of high school students also staying here. This was not the case at all, it is a very solid quiet hotel. The only sleep issue I had was the planes at 4am leaving the airport. I would definitely come back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nona826, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Crowne Plaza Louisville, we are so happy that you found our staff to be pleasant and the service to be excellent, we do hope that you will return again when in the Louisville area.