Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
$199
$179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexpo centerexecutive westblue horse cafelifeguard on dutytwo sinksdog showfreedom hallamusement parkfree shuttlefirst floorlouisville airportstate fairhotel restaurantshuttle servicebeds were comfortablevery nice hotelchurchill downs
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was not looking forward to this hotel stay. My husband was attending an event at the Expo Center and I could not find another hotel in the area at anywhere near the $104 rate of the Crowne Plaza. We had attended an event here 2-3 years ago, but did not stay at the hotel.
Was I ever surprised. The hotel has had a much needed refurbishment. The rooms were great; clean, good bedding, lots of pillows, nice size, extra touches such as crown moulding, two sinks etc. I was very pleasantly surprised. The entire room was spotless, only negatives I can think of are that the towels could have been a better quality and the lamp between the beds was not bright enough to promote reading. The common areas of the hotel are not quite as up to date as the rooms. But they are better than I remembered. It is a very large hotel, and the corridors appear to have been re-carpeted. The reception area could use some attention, but other than 'first iimpressions' I was not too concerned about this area. The pool is inside and very nice. I used the work out room and found it to be much better appointed than most. Several aerobic choices from bikes, treadmills to elipticals; free weights and some machines. At least two TVs, towels, water and all very clean. The restaurant is great for breakfast or an easy dinner with a good menu selection. (This is clearly not fine dining, but very adequate for what it is). Good staff, service, and value. Probably the area of the hotel most needing attention is the exterior. Not much positive going on there other than lots of parking, which is good for big events. Overall I was very impressed with this hotel. It is clearly not a 4 star-type of facility. But compared to typical 'road/airport-side accomodations ' this place is worth a try and would be very hard to beat price-wise.

Room Tip: Our room facing the interior of the hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TerryC0bb
nbartholow, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Thank you for your review, We are very happy that we were able to change your original opinion of The Crowne PlazaLouisville. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accomodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guest enables us to target problems areas and take the necessary action to improve. We look forward to you returning to The Crowne.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

So, I have to admit that I am typically a bit of a hotel snob. On a recent business trip to Louisville, my corporate travel department prohibited me from staying in the newer Hilton Garden Inn because there were several nearby hotels that were considered to be of similar quality for $40/night less. One of these was the Crowne Plaza. It is literally sandwiched between the Louisville Expo center and the airport. I arrived late and there were few parking spaces available in their lot (some sort of farm implement show at the Expo), which was over-crowded with pick-up trucks. The lobby did not reassure me that I was moving into a decent hotel. It's old (1980's) style decor and staff to match made me wonder if I would be making a transfer decision to an upgraded property after seeing the room. The front desk man thought he was rewarding me by giving me two room keys -- one to my room and one to an adjoining sitting room. I walked what seemed like a quarter mile to the tower elevators and ascended to my room. Quick survey of my sleeping quarters and bathroom made me feel a little more at ease ... things seemed moderately up-to-date and clean (no bed bug evidence). I was annoyed that the room used the new fluorescent bulbs in every light fixture and the nightstand lamp was only bright enough to read something in a 32 point font size. I had to see the "sitting room" and opened the locked door separating sleeping from sitting. This room kind of creeped me out because it was large, had a conference table and a couple of couches and I could not find the light switch to illuminate the room. Also, there were some holes in the carpet. I decided to seal off the value-added sitting room and let it sit unoccupied for the next victim. The bed and pillow options were surprisingly comfortable, the TV worked well, and the bathroom was well enough appointed with a decent shower. In the morning, I trudged down to the fitness center for some exercise. There was a carpeted "stretching room" with a large mirrored wall and a ballet bar. The fitness room had three treadmills, recumbent and regular stationary bikes, elliptical trainers, dumbbells, a weight machine and two TVs. The equipment was a little worn, but in working condition. Once again, the lighting was very dim and it made me think that the workout areas of prisons probably enjoy better visibility. I did not sample the restaurant or any other services. In summary, this was a pretty clean and comfortable hotel at a fairly low price. There is really nothing around the hotel (no restaurants, entertainment to speak of), but if your destination is the Expo it is definitely a very convenient location. I am told that the better hotels are about 20 minutes away in downtown Louisville (quite a nice downtown area) -- which will be the area I stay in next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CSB_Edina
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza during a convention across the road at the Expo Center. The room was at the back of the hotel, so I was worried about the airplanes keeping me awake. No problem! I heard them in the night once. I was actually more aware of them during the day while in the trade show across the road.
I had supper twice in the restaurant. The buffet was excellent and the catfish dinner was super.
Nice workout room. Small, but it had what I needed.
Beds were super comfy and other room ammenities were fine. The wifi worked well.
The room was more expensive than what I usually plan on, but it was a big convention and every hotel in the area gets booked up a year in advance, so there isn't much you can do about it.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank eagertraveller37
nbartholow, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. It pleases me to know that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you found our rooms to be quiet and comfortable. Your convenience is important to us. I am delighted that you found the food accommodations pleasing enough to dine more than once. Our Chef is absolutely wonderful.
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

As I heard a front desk employee telling a guest, this place prides itself on being a 4-star hotel. There's no way. While I give them props for coming a long way in the past three years since this was the Executive West, they have a long way to go before calling themselves 4-star. The rooms are comfortable, especially the bedding. But, assuming the main purpose is to get a good night's sleep--beware! The windows are not soundproof at all, and this hotel is right next to the airport and interstates. I could hear not only planes and traffic all night long, but even people talking in the parking lot. The bass of passing car stereos could clearly be heard. I used the thermostat to put the fan in the "on" position instead of "auto," hoping the sound would drown out the other noise. The fan did not kick on all night long, so the dead silence of the room meant I heard everything. Then, at 6:00 a.m., the family next door was up and I could hear every word they were saying very clearly through the walls and connecting door. And they were speaking at normal levels. Finally, there is the shuttle service. We chose this hotel because it was the "preferred" hotel for an event we attended at the Expo Center, advertising shuttle service so you don't have to pay to park at the fairground. They were operating only one of their two shuttles, even though this was obviously a very busy Saturday morning. Judging by the parking lot and people in the lobby, they had a big crowd staying and didn't staff appropriately for the shuttle service. We were told to move aside twice so that the shuttle driver could take understandably angry passengers to the airport first. So, yes the rooms are fine but not as nice as a Hilton Garden Inn. Given the fact that a decent night's sleep is impossible in room 336, I can't recommend the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank STEPHMARTY
jrolon88, Director of Operations at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport Hotel, please accept our sincere apology for the problems you experienced during your stay with us.
We strive to ensure our guests, experience excellent service during their travels and unfortunately, we missed our mark this time and truly regret your stay was not as it should have been.
We consider any complaint a serious matter at the Crowne Plaza. We have initiated firm actions to ensure future visits exceed your expectations.
We value your relationship with the Crown Plaza and are committed to providing you with excellent service and the highest of standards during your visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were there recently for a convention. The rooms were great, the beds were comfy, but the TVs were possessed!!! Ours would not turn off and would randomly go to full volume. The remote control was useless and so were the buttons on the TV! Others in our group had the same problem! SLOW or NO Wifi too! No microwave in our Gathering suite either!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
jrolon88, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. It is good to see that you really enjoyed our beds and rooms. I was disappointed to know that you encountered problems with the TV and remote. Your comments were discussed with our Engineering Department and will be addressed immediately. I also wanted to share that we are currently in the process of upgrading our Wireless infrastructure and we are expecting it to be ready in the following weeks. Thanks for choosing the Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport.

Always at your service,