“Great Staff and Location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown
Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Troy, Michigan
“Great Staff and Location”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is my first stay at a Fairfield Inn and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel and rooms had a very upscale feel and the amenities rivaled a higher caliber hotel. Everything was clean and neat and contemporary but I had some concerns about my room. For a newer room, the sink was cracked. The king bed was comfortable but the five pillows were small and uncomfortable. The chair was too low for the desk and if you lean back, you could fall as it was unstable and without support. I thought the breakfast was very nice and offered both scrambled eggs which weren't runny and hard boiled eggs among other things. The breakfast hostess was very friendly as were the front desk folks. Austin was particularly helpful. Great location . Nice to be away from the fourth street madness but be prepared for ambulance sirens as it is too close to a hospital.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Fcrane35,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that Austin was fantastic, i completely agree with you !
I am sincerely sorry that you had some issues with your room. I will be making sure that the sink is replaced as this is not our normal standard of maintenance and upkeep.
Rosie is our breakfast attendant that you mentioned, i will be sure to pass your comments along to her too.
Thank you again for the review, we really do appreciate it !
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend for a stay in downtown louisville. Breakfast was pretty good. They really tried hard to accommodate all of our requests. Motel is a little older but it is well taken care of. My wife is pretty picky but no complaints. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Gwayneo2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. My team and i are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. This feedback is really important to us as it allows us the opportunity to only improve our service.
Thank you again for the review, we hope to see you again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to louisville ky so she can undergo an operation, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn and suites. We were greeted at the front desk, check in was simple and fast, our room was clean and peaceful which was needed for her recovery. There shuttle service took us to her dr.s apt and picked us us and had a wheel chair handy the driver eric was kind enough to wheel her to our room and offered to run me to zoups so I can get her a light dinner and walgreens to get some medications. This has got to be the best customer service I have ever seen from a hotel. There hospitality and generosity was commendable and made our stay there a lot easier after my wifes surgery.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear George R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that Eric was so helpful. We really pride ourselves on great customer service. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Eric.
Ontario
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Easy to walk to most attractions in Central Louisville. Rooms are well appointed and of a reasonable size. On-site self parking is clean, safe and very accessible. Staff is friendly and helpful. Standard Fairfield complimentary breakfast. Highly recommended for its location and value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Phil036,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Location was most excellent very close to lots of things to see and nice restaurants. Need to improve breakfast I know the hotel was full but the breakfast bar was empty of hot items and the last day I stayed there it was completely empty. I Turkey expected more from a Marriott. Need to replace beds felt like they were wore out..lumpy.

Room Tip: Tried to have breakfast for 3 days and the bar was horrible the last morning there was absolutly no...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Tamra K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize for the Breakfast Experience you had with us last weekend. As you mentioned, it was a very busy weekend for us and to be very honest, we did not anticipate the number of guests that would be using our breakfast area. I can assure you this will not happen in the future. Thank you again for staying with us - we hope to see you again on a future visit to Louisville.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for work.

Great location in downtown Louisville. The hotel is connected to the Springhill suites (It shares the parking garage, pool, fitness center). The hotel has a newer feeling/decor that most Fairfields have nowadays.

Check-in was a breeze. Front-desk staff was very friendly.

My king bed room was large and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Room was quieter than I remember most Fairfields (usually I can hear neighbor's conversations), but this could be because I was on a corner and only had one neighbor.

Exercise equipment was newer and up-to-date Lifetime fitness equipment. The exercise room itself was pretty large with a window facing the pool. I used the facilities twice and though it was busy each morning, didn't have any issues with it being too busy.

Breakfast was typical Fairfield Inn. Hot eggs and sausage along with cereal, bagels, bread, and juice. Also a waffle making station. The breakfast attendant was helpful and attentive.

The parking garage is a bit of a trick. If you can't park next to the Fairfield and have to use the parking structure, you may have to go through the SpringHill to get to your room. The parking can be a bit narrow, so be careful. The good thing about the garage though, is that it's secured with gates (they give you a card key specific to the garage).

Overall, the best thing about this hotel is it's location. It's only a few blocks away from restaurants and the YUM center. One night, we took in a U of L basketball game and just walked over.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank totonka99
Debbie S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Totonka99,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed review of our Fairfield Inn and Suites. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to others. The location as you mentioned is great for being downtown and close to everything.
Wishing you a Wonderful New Year - look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.
Jetson, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two differant nights while my dad was in the hospital. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the rooms were great. I absolutely loved the pillows and bed,I slept wonderful. I usually don't sleep well in hotels. And they had key pass parking so I felt safer staying alone. If I have to go back up there it will defiantly be my choice of hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Misty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our Fairfield Inn and Suites on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the feedback and are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in town. Have a Wonderful New Year !