“Nice mid-range hotel”

Ranked #36 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Crown Point, Indiana
“Nice mid-range hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here for two nights while in town for a wedding. The room was clean and well aired out; towels were clean--the sheets had memories of bygone stains in a couple small places, but were clean. The staff was friendly and prompt, and the parking--while you have to pay for it ($10/day)--was ample, safe and protected in a garage. Our card did not swipe at the kiosk to raise the parking gate...however, pressing the "assistance" button was an easy matter: they ask your room number, and up it goes. The shower was different...all glass, and the swinging door did not quite meet the other wall, so a bit of water got out....but we just put the mat down to catch it. Breakfast was quite good--Belgian waffles, bagels and muffins, heat-up breakfast sandwiches, milk, juice, coffee, cereal, fruit...everything you'd expect for a good continental breakfast. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you want to visit downtown Louisville and perhaps take in 4th Street Live, a concert, play, etc this hotel is a good option. It is easy to get to, has nice clean spacious rooms, and saves you some bucks. I have even stayed here when attending a convention at the Marriott a couple blocks up the street. It saved my employer money, I got some exercise with the walk, and you get free breakfast at the Fairfield. It is tied to a Springhill Suites which is also a good option.

The only negative I would give it this time around is that they hotel was full (archery competition in town) and they should have had two attendants in the breakfast room. The one hard worker was swamped and couldn't keep food stocked, tables wiped, and coffee full.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Yorkville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for two nights while my husband, son and daughter explored Louisville. Rooms, hotel, workout room and pool were spotless. We booked a double queen executive suite which the previous review stated the second suite area was just a sofa and two chairs with an additional TV. However it was nice to have a second bathroom for us to get ready in. Wish the hotel room actually had more artwork it warm up the decor. Was appreciative of the covered parking as we were concerned about possible severe weather with possible hail. Did not want my new car to have potential damage while we were visiting and we didn't. Staff was pleasant and the continental breakfast was sufficient for a quick start to the day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here for three days in March 2012. Although it was not highly rated elsewhere, we were surprised to find it clean, updated, and well-run. Staff was extremely accommodating. While this hotel has no restaurant, lounge or room service, it has a pleasant sitting area and a spotless pool. Hard to beat for a one or two night stay in a queen or king room, but suites are a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Avoid choosing a suite - it's a second motel room with some living room furniture in place of a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CaTraveler53
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week whilst on business.

The checkin process was fast and efficient and the staff at the front desk were excellent. The room had everything I needed during my stay, comfortable bed, plenty of TV channels, clean, Iron board, large wardrobe and a large bathroom. The internet connection was fast too. The breakfast in the morning was self service and had a good selection of products, from cereals to waffles.

The staff on the front desk (Justice) was very knowledgable about the surounding area and would provide good recommendations for local restaurants, he also liked feedback when you returned to ensure his recommendation was still valid. Great customer service!

If I was to return to Louisville I would definately book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade or special offers when booking
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Derbil123
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

I had to travel to Louisville, KY for business and after reading a few reviews, stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. The rooms were clean, up-to-date, and cozy. I will say that it was a little humid in the room which picked up that used carpet smell, but it wasn't too bad. Breakfast was good. They offered waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, muffins, coffee, orange juice and pasteries. The customer service was great! I left my iPhone charger home and the young man at the front desk had one and let me use it for a few hours.

I went to 4th Street Live which was cool. Bunch of bars and restaurants. I went bowling at some place there and had a good time. Just walking downtown I happend to walk by aTheatre Festival where food was served and music was played so I walked in and had a good time. Visit Mortons for happy hour, defintiely good bites and drinks.

Overall, I'd recommed Fairfield Inn to others. i had an enjoyable stay, no complaints.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Luvtoseenewplaces
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

My friends and I stopped in Louisville during a road trip and found that everyone at the Fairfield were WONDERFUL! Justice, the front desk manager, continued to go above and beyond to help us navigate around the city, and upgraded us from a standard room to a suite!! Just an FYI, since I was not aware of this being a native of New England, but almost everything closes on Sunday night so it was very difficult to find a place to go out and eat that is not a pizza shop or White Castle. We ended up going to Varanese, which was delicious! I would def stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends