Open today: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fine Period House

This old home is well furnished and tastefully done. Although not all of the pieces are original... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
dmittleman
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
A Hidden Part of Louisville

I had visited the Kentucky Derby Museum and Louisville Slugger Museum earlier in the... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
JohnBCowgill
Washington DC, District of Columbia

Recommended experiences in and around Louisville
from $15.00
from $25.00
from $10.00
from $178.08
More Info
All reviews george rogers clark revolutionary war historical home georgian style house tour american history special events re enactments early days fascinating history short film visitor center tour guide come alive gift shop louisville area restored
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I have always enjoyed Locust Grove, it's very peaceful and the grounds are well kept. The house is undergoing renovations and well worth checking out. I really liked what I saw regarding the work done. It is more welcoming than most historic homes, it conveys a more lived in feel. The staff is very informative and eager to answer any questions you may have, they really seem to love what they do. There are plenty of out building to explore on the grounds. The gardens are very nice, I particularly enjoy the lilacs and the herbs. I love visiting when the have the Reenactors on the grounds (generally in April and October) they add so much to the visit. Your average reenactor can teach you more about the history of that period than most college professors. The gift shop carries alot of items for children, but a good selection of books, and lovely items for the home also.

1  Thank REBELGYPSY
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Locust Grove has a terrific hands on museum that walks children (and adults) through the lives of children during the pioneer days. They learn about what chores they would do each day and are able to interact with the exhibit which adds to their learning 10 fold. The grounds and home are beautiful- but the woman behind the counter was very rude and physically headed for him when my son picked up a pop-gun in the gift shop (it had a sticker on it that said "try me") I was standing right with my child and I would have bought the toy for him, but not after that experience. It was unfortunate that after such a nice time in the actual museum, a member of the staff put a real damper on the day for us. i'd give it a better rating if they trained a friendlier staff!

3  Thank CaptMarkBecton