“Such a great night out at reasonable prices!!”

Actors Theatre of Louisville
Ranked #38 of 171 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: A high-caliber theater that produces riveting, cutting-edge shows.
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Such a great night out at reasonable prices!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I love going to the Actor's Theatre...especially during the holiday season when they have "A Christmas Story" and " A Christmas Carol". Also saw a play on my birthday last year about vibrators..it was funny! Not a bad seat in the house. And although my boyfriend got yelled at for accidentally leaning on a piece of "artwork" in the lobby...we still had a good time. The staff of some of the patrons are a little stuffy, but maybe I am just a little too country for them. hehe...still will be back!!

Visited January 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“What a treasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have been wanting to attend a performance at this playhouse since back in the 1980's when we lived in Cincinnati the first time. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and we moved to New England, but we found ourselves in Louisville for a weekend so we got tickets to see "A long Days Journey into Night" but Eugene O'Neill. The location and the theater itself are wonderful. We commented as we were walking to our car, "if we lived in Louisville, we would get season tickets to this theater." Now that we've been here, we are planning to look at the calendar to see what else is playing here and we will make it a point to come to Louisville (a wonderful town) again for a weekend getaway.

Visited October 2012
Buckner, Kentucky
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Love this Theatre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you are from the area or just passing through you need to take in a show at Actors. I love the smaller venue and the actors are first class. I took my husband and my 12 yr old daughter to see Dracula and we were all blown away. It was one of the best plays we have ever seen. They put this production on every year and I have a feeling it will be our new Halloween tradition.

Visited October 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Saw a play here and was very impressed with the performane, but the tickets and alcoholic beverages were very expensive

Visited September 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“good show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

A relatively small but successful theater, entertaining shows especially at the end of the year. Dracula was a great show

Visited November 2011