“Great spot for small children”

Kentucky Science Center
Ranked #46 of 191 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore 3 floors of exhibit experiences offering interactive science fun for the whole family! Plus, enjoy amazing movies in our NEW 4-story digital theater.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My 4 year old think this is the best place ever. They have a large variety of interactive exhibits and he enjoys playing in kidzone. If you live in the area the annual membership is worth the price since they have some nice member discounts and events throughout the year. It compares very favorably to other science centers and children's museums.

All reviews
"lots of fun"
"whole family"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My spouse works at children's science museum in a different state. We went to the museum to compare to the one where my wife works. We looked at the museum with a critical eye on signage, display design, and content. We have been to science/children's museums in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, San Francisco, Austin. This museum compares favorably with the others we have visited. Has a good mix of displays of basic scientific principles, maybe a bit heavy on health content, but can you expect when Humana is in town. All museums of this sort have some displays that are out of order, and this one had a few as well. The kids we saw seemed interested and entertained with the content. My spouse was impressed.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I hadn't been here since I was a child, but I remembered it being so amazing. Coming back as an adult was kind of disappointing for me. It costs $5 to park in a lot behind the building, then I had to walk through a creepy road that was under construction with two children to get to the entrance. I didn't like that! It cost $35 for myself, a 4yr old, and 10yr old to enter. A lot of the exhibits we saw were run down, or not working at all. There were always employees walking through the premises but none of them ever stopped to talk or demonstrate anything to us, as I remembered they use to do when I was a child. I also felt the layout of the floors and exhibits were a bit confusing.
After walking through the entire center, I sort of felt as though I had spent a total of $40 for my kids to ride an elevator, because that seemed like one of the only things that excited them the entire time we spent there. Probably will not return, unless someday they announce a major renovation with working exhibits.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We made the mistake of taking a 14 year old. This is not really a place for any child over 10 years of age. At $18 per person, it was a horrible disappointment. Good information on some of the exhibits however, many were broken or didn't work properly. One quick walk through by a worker could figure this out. Some fixes seems relatively easy to be made.Very sad. Possibly the most surprising was the mish-mash of displays...a history of hats flowed right into the space exhibit right next to a number of extinct animals. WHAT? The only up side was that the day after Christmas, the place was almost empty and we had the place to ourselves. But why? I've been to a number of museums, including other science museums. This, by far was one of the worst science museums I've ever visited. Save your money and go across the river to the Falls of the Ohio. At least you'll see some really cool fossils and be out in nature.