“Fun for a few hours”

Kentucky Science Center
Ranked #35 of 187 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore 3 floors of exhibit experiences offering interactive science fun for the whole family! Plus, enjoy amazing movies in our NEW 4-story digital theater.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was an OK science center. We had our 9 year old grandaughter with us and she had fun. We travel a lot and usually do science centers when we can. I've been to better ones and some not as good. I would recommend it for a few hours of fun but not much longer. Parking was terrible and if you need any ADA stuff forget it. Building and parking not ADA friendly, it can be done just not easy.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Louisville Science is ok not too much that is overly exciting about it there are some really cool activities to do like the bubbles and the earthquake tester for if your building would survive through it but it is mostly for much younger kids but it is a good way to knock out an afternoon I think that it could be much better if they updated with some more things to do.

1  Thank Sara C
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wanted to take my boys...age 13 and 8, it was a rainy day so the Science Center is where we ended up......Boring....My kids were looking at me as if I was torturing them. Everything was out of order....There is not a single exhibit we went to that did not have that problem.....A great concept but this place just seems to have put it together and stopped....completely stopped and nothing at all was done after that. Don't even recall the price, I do not think it was unreasonable. Its also an issue when you see something that may be of interest but everyone in the place is clustered up to it because its the only working item in the place....Not a good day and we were completely wiped out from the dreariness of it all.

3  Thank Ktanae
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Many of the exhibits were broken or out-of-service. The price of admission is rather high considering that. IMAX theater is nice though.

3  Thank Monica T
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our three year old easily could have spent another hour or two in the science center. We were already there two hours. We didn't do the IMAX film, so I can't attest to it. They did however, offer free admission for military Memorial Day through Labor Day, so our whole family enjoyed for free! Can't complain about that!