“Museum was great ~ a must see”

Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
Ranked #2 of 185 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Batter up! It takes a special place to craft the #1 Bat in Major League Baseball. At Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, experience history-in-the-making as you stroll through the actual factory where world-famous Louisville Slugger bats are created. The award-winning factory tour is a highlight of the visit here, but there's plenty more to enjoy along with it. Admire the World's Biggest Bat - stretching 120 feet into the sky. Hold bats actually used by baseball superstars like Mickey Mantle, Johnny Bench, Cal Ripken Jr. And Derek Jeter. Face down a 90-mph fastball hurled by a major league pitcher. Count the homerun notches Babe Ruth carved into his Louisville Slugger bat for every home run he hit with it. Step into the batting cages and take some swings with a replica model of your hero's bat. Guests even get a free miniature souvenir bat at the end of the factory tour. You can even create a bat with your own name on it, just like the pros. They make great gifts for all kinds of special occasions, from newborn babies, to groomsmen gifts, to team trophies and more. The museum store is also loaded with lots of sporty merchandise for every budget. Be sure to swing by! Please visit our official website for up-to-date hours and admission prices.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Louisville Slugger Factory & Museum was a great hit and a definite must see if you are interested in baseball at all. At only $12 per adult, the walking tour of 30 minutes was very informative and entertaining. We got to see some hand made bats and some computer made bats. They were making bats for BJ Upton the day I was there so that was really cool. We saw how they brand the bats and how they add signatures or names.
I purchased a personalized bat for my son and it looks fantastic. They were so helpful in putting it into a box so it is ready to be checked as luggage for the airplane ride home. I felt the bat was a little pricey, but it's a one of a kind, so I felt worth it.
The gift shop had a lot of fun items as well. No playing cards though, which was disappointing because I get playing cards for my son everywhere we travel to. Lots of options for t shirts and little things to purchase.
A nice 12 minute film on the players and their bats, that was pretty cool too. All in all a great morning and I'm glad I went!

1  Thank TraJac
Write a ReviewReviews (5,003)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The museum was very well run and interesting. Great gift shop! Lots of places to eat down by the museum.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've always wanted to visit the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory and while on a trip with some friends, we stopped by and really enjoyed every minute of the tour we took. It's a great opportunity to see just how they still make their bats one by one in their factory. It's a great factory tour that is definitely worth your time - even if you're not a baseball fan. It's great for fans or non-fans of ALL ages. The museum and theater are great attractions as well. For the big fan, be sure to buy your own custom bat before leaving! A one-of-a-kind souvenir!!

1  Thank ssy24
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

As a huge baseball fan I highly enjoyed the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory. I went with a group of friends who could care less about baseball and even they enjoyed it.

When you first enter you are welcomed by a great shrine to baseball history. You get to see Babe Ruth's bat used to hit his final home run, Showless Joe Jackson's bat from the Black Sox Scandal, and there is a even a great section devoted to softball and women in baseball. There is also a section where you are able to hold game used bats. As a diehard Red Sox fan holding David Ortiz' bat was probably the highlight of my trip to Kentucky.

We then started our tour with an old timey baseball fan. You could tell how much our guide loves his job, the history of the bat, and baseball itself. I only wish I could remember his name. He gave a great tour from how the first bat was made to how they are cut and dipped now. He had great quips and one liners to keep us adults amused but was also great at getting the kids involved and interested in the factory.

This tour is a must if you are in the Louisville area for baseball fans and I would highly recommend it to nonfans as well. Baseball is America's past time, what better way to learn about it?!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went with a large group of high school students so we got a discounted rate. We watched the very informative introductory video (it's a bit older and is due for and update) and then took the tour. It was a nice tour and we all got the mini bat at the end. Well worth your time if you're in Louisville.