“I don't even like baseball and I enjoyed it!”

Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
Ranked #2 of 171 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Batter up! It takes a special place to craft the #1 Bat in Major League Baseball. At Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, experience history-in-the-making as you stroll through the actual factory where world-famous Louisville Slugger bats are created. The award-winning factory tour is a highlight of the visit here, but there's plenty more to enjoy along with it. Admire the World's Biggest Bat - stretching 120 feet into the sky. Hold bats actually used by baseball superstars like Mickey Mantle, Johnny Bench, Cal Ripken Jr. And Derek Jeter. Face down a 90-mph fastball hurled by a major league pitcher. Count the homerun notches Babe Ruth carved into his Louisville Slugger bat for every home run he hit with it. Step into the batting cages and take some swings with a replica model of your hero's bat. Guests even get a free miniature souvenir bat at the end of the factory tour. You can even create a bat with your own name on it, just like the pros. They make great gifts for all kinds of special occasions, from newborn babies, to groomsmen gifts, to team trophies and more. The museum store is also loaded with lots of sporty merchandise for every budget. Be sure to swing by! Please visit our official website for up-to-date hours and admission prices.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Santa Clarita, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“I don't even like baseball and I enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I went with a group of 15 to visit the museum. I'm not a baseball fan, but I have to say I was impressed and really enjoyed the tour. They take you on a behind-the-scenes tour to show you how bats were made back in the day and how they're made now. They also have a movie theater where they show a documentary - which isn't boring or dry, it's actually pretty interesting and enjoyable. It was a big hit (ha!) with our group and I would definitely recommend going - even if you don't care for baseball :)

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
chitown
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The factory was a great visit for all. The kids liked watching the bats made, getting to swing a bat and especially the batting cages. There was also a Lego exhibit which was pretty cool.

One warning: if you have a youngster who is baseball player, it will be hard to resist buying a customized, souvenir bat. My son now has one...

Visited March 2013
WPG, MB
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Loved It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was my 3rd time to Louisville and there was no chance I was going to miss going to the Slugger factory. I don't think you have to be a baseball fan to enjoy the tour and all there is to see. I picked up some bats for my kids with their names on them and a few other things for me.

Visited October 2013
Arlington, Virginia
167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Very Interesting if you like baseball, sports, history or unique manufacturing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I did the tour many years ago but this time my wife and I avoided the tour due to time but we did walk the common public area and we were still in shock and awe. There are areas where you can look and see the factory floor and the employees. There is a lot of history and even a display of bats over the years. You can also walk into the room where there is the largest baseball mitt and sit on it. Outside of the factory and museum is the worlds largest bat...hard to get a full size picture without a decent camera. Even outside the museum there is plenty of history read.

Visited October 2013
Auburn, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“It's a Hit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Step behind the scenes on this tour to see history on display - including game used bats that you can hold yourself! Our tour guide was very funny and informative as he led us through the working factory where technology and innovation are constantly being integrated into the bat making process.

Every person taking the tour receives a complimentary mini-bat but be sure to visit the gift shop for more merchandise and second-run/imperfect bats.

If you're feeling in the mood there's even a batting cage where you can take 10 hacks for $1!

1 Thank JCPelc