“Loved it!”

Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
Ranked #2 of 185 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Batter up! It takes a special place to craft the #1 Bat in Major League Baseball. At Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, experience history-in-the-making as you stroll through the actual factory where world-famous Louisville Slugger bats are created. The award-winning factory tour is a highlight of the visit here, but there's plenty more to enjoy along with it. Admire the World's Biggest Bat - stretching 120 feet into the sky. Hold bats actually used by baseball superstars like Mickey Mantle, Johnny Bench, Cal Ripken Jr. And Derek Jeter. Face down a 90-mph fastball hurled by a major league pitcher. Count the homerun notches Babe Ruth carved into his Louisville Slugger bat for every home run he hit with it. Step into the batting cages and take some swings with a replica model of your hero's bat. Guests even get a free miniature souvenir bat at the end of the factory tour. You can even create a bat with your own name on it, just like the pros. They make great gifts for all kinds of special occasions, from newborn babies, to groomsmen gifts, to team trophies and more. The museum store is also loaded with lots of sporty merchandise for every budget. Be sure to swing by! Please visit our official website for up-to-date hours and admission prices.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stopped on our way to Cincinnati, and really enjoyed this. As a huge baseball fan I really appreciated what they had to offer. I mean, I got to stand and hold a bat used by Mickey Mantle, got my photo with it too! Does it get any better? They have many exhibits illustrating the history of the Slugger, and we really enjoyed the tour where they showed you how they make the bats. As we walked through our tour, they were currently preparing bats for Derek Jeter! We also got the mini replica bats on our way out. A nice historical and educational visit that was relatively inexpensive and didn't take all day long. We enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank launcher69
Write a ReviewReviews (5,007)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went here for his birthday and had a great time. I had been before but he had not. We took the tour and it was great! It was neat to see the bats being made, even though I am not a big baseball fan. We were then able to hit some balls in the batting cages. I didn't know that Babe Ruth's bat was so heavy I tried to pick it up and wanted to use it to hit with but couldn't even hold it up like a bat. It was definitely worth it and will soon be going back to take my 15 year old son.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went with friends to see this tour. The girls agreed to go since the guys did not want to shop with us any longer. A special treat for them, but we all had a wonderful enriching experience. Being able to walk thru the actual workshop, see the tradesmen making the bat in stages, hear the history, and see the final product. Of course, there is a nice gift shop at the end, but with the tour, you are given a miniature version of the genuine Louisville Slugger. This tour is for everyone.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our tour of the slugger museum. The entire family got something out of it including some personalized bats.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Went to LS on request from baseball loving son. Did batting cages inside, went on tour, and gift shop. Overall good time. Son loved it.