“Neighborhood restaurant”

Ranked #56 of 1,813 Restaurants in Louisville
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Louisville
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Absolutely wonderful meals; home-made, excellent service; close to B & B's in Old Louisville; cozy, warm, piano player on the nights we went! We enjoyed atmosphere! Affordable, not pricey!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I met friends at the Amici Café on a cold January night - and the experience was warm, cozy and hospitable. My friends live in Old Louisville - so we were looking for a place that was near their home, intimate and locally-owned. I was reminded of bistros and cafes I've enjoyed in Northern Italy. The server was low-key and professional (his name was Tim), the wine selection was good enough for all three of us to choose different red wines - all delicious. The menu suited both vegetarian and omnivore palates. We loved the tomato and artichoke soup, the Amici Bruschetta and the pasta dishes. It was a yummy, intimate and very Italian evening in the heart of Louisville's lovely old city area. This area is close to downtown - so visitors from out of town should have no problem finding and enjoying this little piece of Italy - with Southern charm.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at a B&B just around the corner from Amici and just happened into this restaurant because we wanted something that was walking distance. Wonderful choice!! The food was outstanding. John, our server, was most helpful and courteous. We started with a lovely Chianti and the Amici Bruschetta. Yummy! My husband had Chicken Tortellini and I had the Penne Ala Lorenzo. Both were excellent... so creamy and tasty, cooked to perfection. We splurged and ended with Tirramisu. We WILL be eating here again the next time we visit Louisville. This is a Louisville treasure. It is not a high-priced special date-night sort of place. It is a friendly neighborhood restaurant that serves delicious Italian food with a flair. I'm so glad we took a chance on it!!

1  Thank Jeri C
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have friends in Louisville who have mentioned enjoying this place. We were in town one night and staying at a nearby B and B. So , to enhance the charm of Old Louisville we opted to try Amici Cafe for the mere convenience of being able to walk over and meet friends. We were not disappointed. It was crowded and my husband had failed at our reservations so we waited at the bar. We had the apple spice sangria - excellent. The staff was very curious and went out of their way to find us a table. The food was delicious. We had an antipasti that was a meat and cheese plate with olives. It was yummy and interesting. Loved the experience. We will be back.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had dinner here tonite with my husband.They were busy so we opted to eat at the bar.They have many housemade cocktails-I tried the housemade white sangria with apples and spice-was very good -they also have a red.For dinner I had the spaghetti and meatballs-excellent seasoning and the spaghetti tossed with tomatoes garlic and onions.A salad comes with the dinners and we ordered grilled ciabatta and italian bread as well.My husband had the tri-color salad-greens topped with fresh mozzarella tomatoes and avocado with a sweet pesto dressing-excellent.For dessert we had the housemade limoncello tira misu with housemade limocello-absolutely wonderful!-the homemade touch really sets this restaurant apart from the rest and the prices are extremely reasonable for the quality-would highly reccommend and we will definitely be back soon to try some other things.-Great meal!