“Good night sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Enola, Pennsylvania
“Good night sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The room accommodations were very good and the mattress on the bed could not be beat for comfort. The pool looked very nice but my husband and I forgot our suits. everyone we met was friendly and very helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnSDF, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Becky - Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad to hear you had a good night sleep! We appreciate your kind words in regards to our staff and pool.

Kindest Regards,
Brooke Potter, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Staff was welcoming upon arrival and helpful throughout the stay with directions, dining recommendations, and printing documents. Great location for getting to Papa John Stadium, and walking distance to Churchill Downs. You can get food in the hotel (didn't try it) and a few fast food places within walking distance. Not particularly adjacent to the airport but very near. Room was clean and everything worked. All in all, great value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so glad to hear you thought our staff was friendly. We do have a great location within block of Churchill Downs, Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium, Kentucky Fair/Expo Center and the reopened Kentucky Kingdom! We hope to see you soon.

Kindest Regards,
Brooke Potter, Director of Sales
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I am very loyal to Holiday Inn chain but that's about to change. I just experienced a similar experience at a Holiday Inn Express in South Carolina and its simply unacceptable. This most recent experience prompted me to post an appropriate review to my last stay in Holiday Inn Louisville in february-march of 2014. I know for fact I left my brand new 80-dollar sweater in a room on a chair, I called the hotel less than 5 hours after I checked out and they informed me that it was never found and never reported to the front desk by house keeper. I've traveled to third world countries and never had such bad experience, those people are poor but they never assume a forgotten property is now their own.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Not only close to the airport but also close to Churchill Downs. Room was roomy and clean, beds were comfortable. Had wi-fi included and free parking. Better than average for a this level of hotel. Downside is that there is not too many eating places in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnSDF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent review about the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport Fair/Expo Center. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we'll see you again in the future. Keep in mind that we do have an AM and PM Restaurant onsite with a great menu.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night and it was very clean and felt new. The pool is very small, the picture makes it look larger than it is and only 5 ppl are allowed in at one time. We arrived late evening and check in was a breeze. Snacks & drinks are available next to the check in desk for purchase which was nice. Overall a nice hotel, you won't be disappointed!

Stayed April 2014
mpat81,

Thank you for your staying with us on your recent trip to Louisville, KY. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff took care of you. We value our guests feedback and will pass this information along to the stay. We look forward to seeing you back again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Very good location, right by airport but very close to other attractions. Amusement and water park almost across the street, Churchill Downs right down the road and short trip to downtown.

Hotel is relatively new. Room was spacious and very clean. Bed was extremely comfortable. Bathroom is small but more importantly it was clean. The only thing I didn't like was bathroom door is heavy and so automatically closes which is kind of annoying if you're just jumping in to wash your hands or brush your teeth. The iron was fantastic, some hotels' irons never work well but this one was great.

Indoor pool is small but sufficient. Lobby area is spacious and well decorated. Staff were always friendly and accommodating.

The only negative was with breakfast. First morning had the buffet and was underwhelmed with choices. Next morning I decided to order off the menu and my server seemed annoyed that I didn't just go for the buffet. Had to ask a few times for a glass of juice and I think she forgot about me since didn't see her until I let her know I was leaving.

Overall though very pleased and will definitely stay here when I return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnSDF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review about the Holiday Inn. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize for your experience in our restaurant. This is not the service that we strive to provide to all of our guests. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be passed along to make sure that improvements are made. Thank you once again, and we hope you choose to stay with us in the future.
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after a week in KY because we had an early flight out of the Louisville airport the next morning. Built in 2006, the hotel still feels brand new and our hotel room felt substantial and almost luxurious for this level of hotel. The lobby is pretty and modern and there's a convenient restaurant/bar right off it. The bonus was that the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile was parked in the parking lot: great photo pops and the desk clerk gave us free OM whistles! The staff was very accommodating and arranged a cab which the hotel paid for as we had to be at the airport at 7 am which was when the hotel shuttle started. We could see Churchill Downs in the distance from our room, and the hotel was easy to get to from downtown. My only caveat is that we could hear planes from in our room even at midnight; not sure if this is an every day occurrence or runway-dependent. This didn't bother us at all, but I think it could bother light sleepers. We were on the second floor. The staff might recommend the best room for light sleepers.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pthomas156
HolidayInnSDF, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your review about the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport Fair/Expo Center. It makes me happy to hear that you loved your stay with us, and the staff was lived up to your expectations. Hopefully we'll see the Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile again! Everyone really seemed to enjoy the fact that they were here. Thank you for your business, and I hope you choose to stay with us on your next trip to Louisville, KY.