Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #54 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
us
“Nice”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel looked new updated. Has an indoor pool and small exercise room. I did not use either but just wanted to see what they looked like. The lobby is very nice. The room was nice. Everything was clean. Loved the location. Close to interstate and airport. Close to Churchill downs if you are going for the derby. The hotel is behind the sheraton so be careful not to pass it up. Water pressure was great. Shower was nice. There were bath and body works products for guest in the bathroom. Would stay again. Got a great price on a bid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our staff takes great pride in showing off our beautiful property. Whenever you are in Louisville again we would love to make you feel at home. Thank you for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We bring a very large group to Louisville each year in November, and this year moved the group to this property. While we had a bit of a rocky start with the quality of breakfast and restaurant service - management had it corrected by the time our entire group arrived and everyone in the group was very pleased with the service level. I couldn't be happier with the facility or it's management. Bravo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
There is no greater compliment than when a well seasoned traveler commends a hotel's response to an issue. Thank you for allowing us to serve your group and we are looking forward to serving you on your next visit to Louisville.
Long Island, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is near the airport and sports stadium, but not quick walking distance to anything except Arby's. We were directed to a nearby shopping center with a Kroger's, Starbucks, and a few restaurants and services.

Our room was clean and attractive but the heater was not easy to adjust, it was either hot or off. The wall A/C had a draft but we put clothes over it and that helped. Also I was surprised when I was told that the hotel had no folding luggage rack to place a suitcase on. Most hotels do have this, and it helps me get organized.

We ate at the restaurant and the service was slow and food just ok. There was an indoor pool & small gym which we didn't use. The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful. Aside from the few details above, it is a comfortable hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyNY97
Thank you for your business and for taking time to let us know how well you liked our location and front desk staff. Our staff will be ready to welcome you anytime!
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I'm a trucker who ended up being on the road for Christmas. I checked in on Christmas Day about 5:30am. The hotel's public areas are beautiful and clean. As far as my room goes, it had everything I needed and was very clean. The carpet in the room and the furniture seemed a bit dated. The one disappointment was the sofa. It was dingy and looked like something that they picked up curbside that someone was throwing out. The bed, however....OMG it was comfortable. The staff that I encountered were all very friendly. Being Christmas, the restaurant was closed, but they had a nice selection of bag lunches prepared for free. I did eat breakfast in the restaurant on the 26th. It was very good, but it was Pat that made it great. She's such a sweet lady. I felt like it was breakfast at Gramma's house. I'm in Louisville constantly and would certainly stay here again if the chance arises.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank CarolinaViking
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our restaurant staff! I have passed on your comments to my staff and they are always proud to be recognized. Thank you for your business and we look forward to making you feel at home in the very near future.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at the hotel just for one nice to go to Churchill Downs for horse racing. The hotel has a nice bar and a small restaurant. Rooms are updated and have enough space for staying a few nights. The time we were there they told us was slow season so pretty quiet. We did like this hotel but found out bar doesn't open until evening. We thought we might have a breakfast mimosa before heading to the track but no deal for that. Also, after the races we walked back to the hotel and found out that since it was slow they had closed the restaurant. We were too tired to walk further to go to an area restaurant so ordered in pizza. Pizza was good but took forever. Problem was that Louisville football had a game so it was pretty busy for pizza deliveries.

Overall this is a great option if you are going to the Louisville football stadium or to Churchchill as it is within walking distance to both.

Place was clean, people were nice and friendly. Warm atmosphere with a fireplace in the lobby. Nice stay overall even with a few of the minor issues we encountered.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelNut70
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I am happy to hear that our location was perfect for your stay in Louisville. I will relay your comments about our cleanliness to my housekeeping staff, they take great pride in making your room comfortable. Thank you very much for your business, we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while visiting Churchill Downs for Downs after Dark.
The hotel was very nice and modern. It was also quite clean. The biggest perk was the shuttle service that was offered to and from the Downs. Not having to drive through the traffic and find a place to pay $20 to park was a major advantage. The hotel was not very full when we were there so it was quiet as well. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The only complaint I would have is about the housekeeping staff. We were still hanging out in the room around 9:15A. The housekeeping staff knocked on the door and then tried to open it without waiting for us to answer. We had the door latched so she couldn't open it all the way but it was still pretty intrusive. I read the hotel information booklet provided which states that housekeeping is not supposed to start until 10A on Sundays as well. As told by the front desk, there were ony 28 rooms occupied that night, the policy should be to clean the ones with guests that are staying first then clean the checkout rooms after they have checked out. Just an annoyance not a major issue. Overall, it is a great place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jillian R
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I am happy to hear that you had a great time at our property and Churchill Downs. It is our priority to make your stay as stress free as possbile, and the courtesy shuttle seems to have helped make that happen. I will make sure the van is gassed up and ready for your next visit. Thank you for your business.
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My significant other and I stayed here as it was the halfway point between where he works (a military base) and where I currently live. The staff was incredibly friendly, the room were very clean, and the location near the highway and several restaurants made our visit a lot easier. The rooms were a bit smaller than I expected considering I'm a gold member of the hotel's rewards program and have traveled to many other Holiday Inns. Our key cards did not work and I had to go and get them replaced twice, but each time the front desk attendant was cheerful and more than wiling to assist me. I also appreciated that the hotel actually had enough spaces for all the guests to park their vehicles, which I've noticed seems to be an issue at most hotels in the Louisville area. Overall I think the service was fantastic, the location and amenities were great, but the room was a little small for the price. I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BioAnthroNerd11
HolidayInnSDF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. My staff takes great pride when they are recognized for their service and they appreciate you pointing that out.
We would love to make room for you in our parking lot on your next visit to Louisville. Thank you for your business.