“Family Reunion”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Louisa
Lakeood, United States
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family attends our annual family reunion every year in early August and we all stay at this hotel - it is in great location for us and we love having the pool for the kids to play in even though it is usually colder than we would like it. The hotel staff is always very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPlusLouisa, Manager at Best Western Plus Louisa, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your patronage! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

To be honest, I was a little worried. I had stayed at Best Western's in the past and it was scary! They were old and dirty, stinky. Just plane gross. However this was the only hotel that I could find in the area that was above a 2 star rating. I am use to staying in 4-5 star hotels. We own time share and stay most of our stays in them, which are amazing. But we were coming into town for a family reunion from my grandmothers side, and we had a big group of us coming in. We wanted pool for the kids, internet for our husbands and our older children, and comfort for the elders in the group. We had 75 year olds all the way to 2 year olds with us, and we ALL were comfortable. We had to stay 35 miles away from our family just to stay in this hotel, and when we got there, I was shocked at how clean (and new) the hotel was. Then when I checked in how helpful and nice the staff lady was! Let me just say, if Best Western had every hotel like this all over the world... You would greatly improve your name!!!! If that is what you are looking for, go to this hotel and copy everything!!! and make all of your other hotels like this, and you will be right up there with the 4 stars!!! Great job!!! Thank you for the wonderful experience! We had a great family reunion!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPlusLouisa, Manager at Best Western Plus Louisa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Ora Tygart,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 606-638-3418.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey and your honest feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Jamie Blanton
Hotel Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa
North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2013

very good facility for business travel, not a lot of activities in or around this area. The hotel is great, with a very comfortable feel during my stay. The staff was friendly and the facility was very clean and new in appearance. I would recomend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPlusLouisa, Manager at Best Western Plus Louisa, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Brian,
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa. We appreciate your business. I invite you back to Louisa for Septemberfest on September 6-8th. This is the "Best Little Festival in Kentucky" and we have added another street of vendors, Classic Rock from the 70s and 80s on Friday night, and a Contemporary Christian Concert on Sunday! This festival is held in Downtown Louisa. Please come back and see us soon!
Thanks,
Staff at BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa
Grove City, Ohio, Usa
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Friendly staff and very clean hotel. Breakfast is always great and convenient not to have to go find a restaurant. This is the ssecond time I have stayed there in the last 6 months (both times were for a funeral attendance) - and all of the people who worked there were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Vanessa B
BWPlusLouisa, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Louisa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at our property.

18107 Property
BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa
Kentucky
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel at least one weekend a month for almost a year and I am continually surprised that such a nice hotel is located in such a small town. The nearby hospital hires several physicians from out of town/state to come in regularly and cover for vacations and I have never heard any of them complain about their stay here. The rooms are always spotless and everything is in like-new shape. This is amazing because I frequently witness some awful messes left behind by other guests when I walk by the open room doors in the morning behind which the cleaning staff are cleaning and sanitizing like crazy. Those ladies sure earn their money.
The rooms are comparable to any nice hotel I have stayed in (and in a large city they would charge double this rate....I know because I have had to pay it), the beds and pillows are super-comfortable, and the alarm clocks even have white-noise options to help disguise any surrounding sounds. The staff members are always friendly and helpful. The pool is huge for such a hotel and the water is WARM and always looks clean. The breakfast has a surprisingly large selection for a FREE breakfast and this is the first free hotel breakfast that I have had (and I have had A LOT) that has orange juice that is actually orange juice. Usually you get sugar water with artificial orange flavoring that even my kids won't drink. So far I have found nothing to complain about with this hotel. (and, in response to a previous review, if I witnessed people bringing a dog in and letting it crap on the floor, I might just HELP the owner whip some a..)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BWPlusLouisa, General Manager at Best Western Plus Louisa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we appreciate your feedback greatly! Here at BW PLUS Louisa we take great pride in our work and strive to deliver superior customer care to each and every guest. Again, thank you for visiting our delightful town and we hope you come back soon!

Jamie J. Blanton
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisa
Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area
Hampton Inn Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
#1 of 10 in Ashland
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland

Been to Best Western Plus Louisa? Share your experiences!