“Manager/owner walked in on me...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa

BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Louisa
Lexington, Kentucky
“Manager/owner walked in on me...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Can I give it zero stars? I stayed in this hotel two nights and on the second night around 7:15pm I heard a hard knock and then a man barged into my room. I'm almost positive it was the owner or manager. He gave really no explanation and didn't even apologize. He was rude, inconsiderate and sarcastic. His only explanation was that he was told the room was vacant - obviously their computer system isn't very sophisticated. I stay in hotels a lot for work (I stayed in hotels over 100 nights in the last year) and have never had anything like this happen before. I will never stay in a Best Western again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UKY2007
BWPlusLouisa, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
The staff and I at BEST WESTERN Plus Louisa would like to apologize for the distubance during your most recent stay. The owner and contractors were doing a "walk through" of the hotel and your room was listed. The owner followed hotel policy by knocking on the door and announcing himself. He did apologize when you met the group at the door, as the owner was unaware the room was occupied. This incident is not typical of the service we normally provide. Again we are sorry for the disturbance and we hope you accept our sincere apologies and will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Regards,
Jamie Blanton
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Grundy, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

As a business traveler, I stay away from home often. The hotel is always clean, well maintained and ran by a terrific group of people. Everyone is so helpful and concerned about making your stay as nice as possible. I have stayed in several of the rooms and each one has been clean and well decorated. The breakfast always has numerous items and is presented well. The rates for the room are comparable to other hotels of this quality and I thought is was well wroth the price. The hotel has a indoor swimming pool and exercise room that really come in handy. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone not getting to sleep in their own bed. It is the next best thing !

I could not help but read the other comments and i was shocked the read about the traveler with the dog. This hotel is a "no pets allowed" hotel. This is planly marked...and yes I saw the dog with my own eyes. I overheard the cleaning staff talking that one of them stepped in the dog waste. So I guess if they still deny having a dog, one of them uses the bathroom in the floor. go figure. I guess if i where the owner, i would want to "whip some [--]" myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at this motel in Sept 2012 and I must say.... We were both pleasantly surprised. Our room on the third floor was extremely clean, well appointed and very nicely decorated. The bed was the quality of a much more expensive hotel. The breakfast was wonderful: waffles, eggs, stewed apples, biscuits, toast, bagels, yoghurt, cereals, fruit, juices, and great coffee. Not sure what more one could expect. Without a doubt, THE best Best Western we have ever stayed in. Louisa may be a small town but this motel is certainly not what you would expect of a small town motel.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet and extremely clean. Even caught a slight hint of the "new cons...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingRPhDO
Hilliard, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My stay was a very nice stay. The beds are the most comfortable I have every slept in at a hotel. The hotel was nicely decorated and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, from the point of check-in throughout my stay and even check-out was a breeze. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone asking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Del H
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed there last week during work in the area. Accomodations were adequate with very comfortable bed, a microwave, and mini frig. They have a fitness room, and an indoor pool and hot tub that I used. They were nice. The hotel was clean and well kept, but the main floor had a bad oder. Fortunately, this smell did not make it to the rooms. Breakfast was good with a good variety of items and friendly service. If in the area I would choose this hotel again. I just hope the main floor smells better.

Room Tip: If you are not an early riser, choose a room on the side of the hotel opposite the main entrance...t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

My experience with this hotel is one that I have never had with any other merchant. They falsely charged my wife and I for damages to the room that did not occur. They accused us of having a pet when we did not. They claimed they seen us on camera but would not show me any evidence (because there wasn't any). Long story short, I had to pay the fee. Worst part is, they accused me of lying for over a month. Finally the owner agreed to refund me the money until he saw a TripAdvisor post I previously posted. He then called me and cussed me! He said, "Come up here and I will whip your [--]!" JUST BECAUSE I TOLD WHAT HAPPENED during my visit. Either the hotel staff is incompetent and made a bad mistake or they are scamming people. I would try the hotel across the street. The owner also bragged on the phone about being a millionaire and said he would slander my name because of this post. On a positive note, the bed is comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Zero2010
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Manager's and staff will scam you!! The owner just threaten to "whip my husbands ***" over the $125 they are falsely accusing us of for having a dog that was in Tennessee. Said GD over and over. Worst ran business I have ever seen.

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank kcbunny06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisa
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in South Point
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisa? Share your experiences!