“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Louisa
Columbus, Ohio
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at this motel in Sept 2012 and I must say.... We were both pleasantly surprised. Our room on the third floor was extremely clean, well appointed and very nicely decorated. The bed was the quality of a much more expensive hotel. The breakfast was wonderful: waffles, eggs, stewed apples, biscuits, toast, bagels, yoghurt, cereals, fruit, juices, and great coffee. Not sure what more one could expect. Without a doubt, THE best Best Western we have ever stayed in. Louisa may be a small town but this motel is certainly not what you would expect of a small town motel.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet and extremely clean. Even caught a slight hint of the "new cons...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingRPhDO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My stay was a very nice stay. The beds are the most comfortable I have every slept in at a hotel. The hotel was nicely decorated and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, from the point of check-in throughout my stay and even check-out was a breeze. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone asking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Del H
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed there last week during work in the area. Accomodations were adequate with very comfortable bed, a microwave, and mini frig. They have a fitness room, and an indoor pool and hot tub that I used. They were nice. The hotel was clean and well kept, but the main floor had a bad oder. Fortunately, this smell did not make it to the rooms. Breakfast was good with a good variety of items and friendly service. If in the area I would choose this hotel again. I just hope the main floor smells better.

Room Tip: If you are not an early riser, choose a room on the side of the hotel opposite the main entrance...t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My experience with this hotel is one that I have never had with any other merchant. They falsely charged my wife and I for damages to the room that did not occur. They accused us of having a pet when we did not. They claimed they seen us on camera but would not show me any evidence (because there wasn't any). Long story short, I had to pay the fee. Worst part is, they accused me of lying for over a month. Finally the owner agreed to refund me the money until he saw a TripAdvisor post I previously posted. He then called me and cussed me! He said, "Come up here and I will whip your [--]!" JUST BECAUSE I TOLD WHAT HAPPENED during my visit. Either the hotel staff is incompetent and made a bad mistake or they are scamming people. I would try the hotel across the street. The owner also bragged on the phone about being a millionaire and said he would slander my name because of this post. On a positive note, the bed is comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Zero2010
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Manager's and staff will scam you!! The owner just threaten to "whip my husbands ***" over the $125 they are falsely accusing us of for having a dog that was in Tennessee. Said GD over and over. Worst ran business I have ever seen.

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank kcbunny06
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2012

this is the first new best western I have stayed in everything was great, clean,100% smoke free great beds,clean,a/c was quiet, good water pressure...truck parking beside motel...couldnt have been any better..I arrived around 300pm and was checked in by Marie who was very freindly and helpful I ask for a room on the top rear where it would be quiet because Im a day sleeper , it was not a problem..I will be back here the next time Im in the area...pretty good price also, less than $90.00....

Room Tip: top rear was nice and quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank teamster175
Traveler
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a fairly new (opened Oct. 2011) property & quite nice. However, $110.00 (including tax) worth of nice...not so much.
It is the best of three motels in town but really overpriced for what it is. The rooms are really quite nice with all the amenities one would expect at that price (more or less). I will say this...the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. They have an indoor pool also. It's %100 non-smoking and my room smelled great. They also have a guest laundry, exercise room, elevator, & business center.
The breakfast was not what you would expect for the price however. Not much to choose from & with the breakfast area being so large it makes what they offer seem even less.
Overall this is a really nice property and I would have no problem recommending it to all types of travelers...other than penny pinchers like me!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ozcfied
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisa
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland
Hampton Inn Huntington University Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Days Inn Paintsville
Days Inn Paintsville
#2 of 3 in Paintsville
Ramada Paintsville Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland

Been to Best Western Plus Louisa? Share your experiences!