“The Best!”

and 1 more site!
The Hill House
Ranked #1 of 1 Loretto B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My sister and & I stayed here for three days while visiting various places in Marion County and highly recommend the Hill House. The owner, Lisa Marie, made us feel right at home and I learned so much about the area from her. I almost felt like I had lived in the area my whole life and it made a very special trip all the more memorable. Lisa Marie’s hospitality is five star! And I loved the Kentucky Derby hats she showed us!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 9, 2013

You can't go wrong staying at Hill House! This inn is a completely renovated farmhouse with all the modern touches. The rooms are both comfortable and beautifully decorated. Breakfast is delightful. But the true highlight is the innkeeper, Lisa Marie Williams. Her warm welcome is heartfelt and her knowledge of the area is amazing. We want to do the Bourbon Trail again, just to stay at Hill House.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We highly recommend The Hill House. Lisa Marie offers first-rate hospitality and a really excellent breakfast, and the rooms are very comfortable (we ended up staying in two of them, because we could not book our first choice of room for the second night -- that turned out to be a blessing, as both were equally good). The Hill House is a very convenient place to stay if you're touring the Kentucky Bourbon country, as we did. Lisa Marie will give you excellent advice about where you can most profitably spend your time. We hope to return to the area, and when we do we will stay there.

Room Tip: I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful bed and breakfast in Loretto. Nicely remodeled home, sumptuous breakfast. Surprising find so far out in the country. Not much going on here, but if you plan to go to Makers Mark on the Bourbon Trail and want a nice relaxing place to stay, this is nicer than the options in Bardstown.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

All of the reviews listed for this B&B are accurate. The rooms are tastefully decorated, the beds comfortable, the area quiet and relaxing, the location just far enough away from it all yet close to Maker's Mark and other distilleries. A real gourmet breaskfast was served each morning.

However, unlike some B&Bs, the hostess Lisa Marie, made us feel like we were old friends and we were sad to leave. We felt really comfortable and right at home.

Lisa Marie suggested that we take a tour of the Kentucky Cooperage located a few miles away in Lebanon. A Cooperage is the place where barrels are made and assembled for distilleries. The tour was the highlight of our entire trip. It was really interesting to see the care and craftsmenship that went into the making of each barrel. Filling the barrels with Kentucky Bourbon, truly defines the phrase "Made in America".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I went to Kentucky to visit friends and visit the area. We looked on line and found The Hill House. We've never stayed at a B&B before. We were blown away! It'll be hard to go back to staying in hotels. Loved the area, but most of the proprietor Lisa Marie was fabulous! She looked after us as a best friend would. I could not over estimate how surprised we were at this experience. My wife and I highly, highly recommend this beautiful place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
LisaMarie03KY, Owner at The Hill House, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you so much! I'm blushing right now with such a glowing review! You've made my day! I hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

First, a 5 to me means everything is perfect with maybe one or two small problems that you could overlook. 4 is a very good review with either several small problems or a couple that were significant. 3 is run of the mill, or adequate.
With that said, we found this B&B through tripadvisor and the reviews are pretty spot. Location is a bit out of Bardstown, but very close to the Makers Mark distillery. Lisa Marie is a great host and the B&B is really wonderful. The rooms were very nice, beds were very comfortable, and the dining and sitting areas were very cozy. Lisa Marie gave us great advice for dinners (don't miss the Rickhouse in Bardstown) and told us about a couple of tours we would not have gone on had she not mentioned them. I have to say that the breakfasts were out of this world and Lisa Marie made sure that we had something different almost every morning of our stay. Can't say enough about the food - it was really excellent!
Unfortunately for us, we sleep pretty light and since the B&B sits right on highway 49, we found the traffic noise to be a problem in the room we were in (downstairs). I had read other reviews saying the noise wasn't a problem for them, but that simply wasn't the case for us and felt it had to be mentioned for all you other light sleepers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hill House? Share your experiences!