“Bourbon drinkers field of dreams”
Review of Maker's Mark

and up
Bourbon Trail Tour to Makers Mark, Four Roses and Alltech
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Loretto
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch a sour mash ferment in giant cypresswood vats on its way to becoming that heavenly Kentucky bourbon at this distillery.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you drink it you should come.
Not my Bourbon of choice but the grounds of this distillery are beautiful, probably the most beautiful of all the distilleries. If you are on the bourbon trail, this is one not to miss! Tour was free when I went so no complaints there on the cost especially with a tasting, however it is a ways to travel to it.
Worth the trip, especially if this is your drink.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

liked it all especially the tasting room and the dipping of bottles in the gift shop - the tour was also very nice - the grounds are delightful

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not being a Maker's Mark fan, I wasn't really excited about this tour - BUT I was pleasantly surprised. There is a cost for this tour ($7). The holding area is designed like a house, so there are plenty of items to keep your interest while you wait for your tour to begin (a retro kitchen, personal effects from the Samuels family, etc). The campus is absolutely beautiful and well manicured. Our tour guide was good and gave a solid overview of the process and history of the distillery. I thought the tasting here was superb, however. Our guide carefully guided us through the tasting of white dog, Makers, and Makers 46. He was the only guide to suggest "smelling" the bourbon with the mouth. Expansive gift shop. I left with a better appreciation of Makers.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went to Makers Mark distillary with my wife back in October and absolutely loved it!
Very informative! It has the feel of a family run operation,while a couple of the other distallaries seemed to be big business establishments. The guide,an older gentleman was super nice and really took the time to answer any questions our group had. The only disappointment was that it is no longer free,and cost us $7 a piece. The house where the tours depart from was extremely cool,and the talking pictures of the master distillars nearly had be thinking I was having an LSD flashback! Too Cool!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beautiful grounds, got to see a lot of the behind the scenes action. Got to wax dip our own bottle and numerous other things! Time better spent then at jim beam. Lovely country side aswell

Been to Maker's Mark? Share your experiences!