“easy to find”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Traveling on I-75, overnight stop. Had good ratings on Tripadvisor. The room was big and clean. Quiet. I will also have to add praise for Richard. He makes you feel at home. The fellow at the desk in the morning was very nice also.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard c, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Ohio 1958,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey. We were very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through London,Ky.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Like others have said this is a fine hotel to stay in if you are on your way south or north on the Interstate.
We were greeted by a friendly man behind the counter named Richard and he was terrifically helpful!!! He gave us a great recommendation for a restaurant close by and it was a winner. We would give this a high five!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Richard c, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear peonyrose,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey. We appreciate our guest feedback. We were very glad to here you enjoyed your stay with usand are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are traveling through.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was an overnight stay on out trip back home to Michigan. We were not expecting much as I booked the room using our Choices rewards points and had a really bad experience with another hotel previously. This place was delightful. Richard at the desk was beyond friendly. The room was outstanding and had everything I like. It had a really nice nestled rolling desk that took up very little space but could be expanded. A large granite countertop in the bathroom for all our grooming supplies and everything else older folks travel with. It also had a ton of electrical outlets which I don't usually find in most hotels. Could charge overnight our phones, tablet, a spot to plug in the C-Pap machine, Etc. My husband ended up back downstairs chatting with Richard and another guest for quite awhile. The quality of the hotel shows the amount of pride staff and owners take as it is extremely well maintained even though it is an older hotel. Will definitely stay there next trip down south.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard c, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Jeannie,
Thank you for choosing our hotel . We our very pleased you had a great experience with us.
And thank you for the kind feedback you gave us. We look forward to seeing you again in your travles

Reviewed November 30, 2013

When we are on the road and stopping for the night, we are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay at a price we can afford. If we are staying at a resort for a week, we might want something more than that, but we know luxury costs money and we're just looking for a place for the night. If you are like us, this is a great place to stay in London, Kentucky.

The hotel is just a little east of the expressway. Their sign (which they share with Ruby Tuesday), is not that easy to see at night. It is on the right (seems all the others are on the left) and set back off the road.

We were greeted by an enthusiastic desk clerk at eight-thirty. We had chosen Comfort Suites because all the rooms we saw listed were non-smoking. Some of the other hotels listed "standard" rooms. In Kentucky, this sounded like smoking is allowed and we prefer non-smoking. A sign on the counter said the hotel is smoke free. I mentioned this to the clerk and he assured me that is true of all Comfort Suites hotels. We will take that into consideration in the future.

I mentioned to the clerk that I was a points member, but that I had forgotten my password and could not ask for it on their web site because we had recently moved and our email had been through our cable TV provider, so our email addresses were no longer valid. He asked if I remembered our old phone number, which I did, and he used that to get our points number which I can use to log in to our account. That was a big help!

The luggage carts are old (as is the hotel), but are sturdy and work fine. We liked that there are places to hang grocery bags on the ends.

Our room was huge! We had a king suite, and it truly felt like a suite. We had the sofa with the partial wall which lets me get on my computer in the morning while my wife sleeps without disturbing her.The desk chair deserves mention. It was very nice -- easy to move around and comfortable. We had a little trouble finding the closet. It is on the outer wall -- not by the bath room as we find in most hotels. There is a mini-refrigerator and a microwave. The bed had lots of nice pillows and was comfortable. The heating system was quiet and efficient.

The bath was also larger than most places we have stayed. The counter is very nice. Towels and tissues are on the shelf below the sink. The bath had a vent fan (which I like and I don't understand why so many hotel baths do not). There was also a night light system that was interesting. The night light on the wall was next to a switch for a soft light in the bath. I guess the idea is that you can decide how much light you want.

I should also mention that the table and desk lights have switches on their bases which are easy to use and also have plug outlets in the bases. I have been frustrated countless times at other hotels when I couldn't find a place to plug in my computer cord. I had no problem with that. It should be noted that the desk lamp is a 3-way -- from bright to very bright.

The breakfast buffet offers lots of choices to be sure you will find something you like. All the fruit was fresh. There was a choice of whole milk or 2% (I used whole on my oatmeal since I use very little and it seemed like a treat). You can make waffles. There were egg and sausage patties. It's not Waffle House, but you should find plenty to eat.

I think someone mentioned the hotel is far enough from the expressway that you do not hear traffic. We didn't hear any.

All in all, this is a very nice place to spend a night in a clean, comfortable room with several nice touches to make your stay more pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Richard c, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Madison,
Thank you for taking the time to take our online survey. We apprecieate the feedback we get from our guest. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Another fantastic experience at Comfort Suites in London Kentucky! We have stayed here in the past and will definitely be doing so again, in the near future. This Hotel is an easy exit off of I 75. As "Snowbirds" we truly appreciate that Comfort Suites is close to the highway (without noise), has spacious, nicely appointed, fresh, clean rooms, has several restaurants within walking distance (my favourite Ruby Tuesday) and a delicious and plentiful fresh breakfast. Although we didn't use the pool this time it definitely looked inviting....the same can be said for the Exercise area. We were fortunate that Richard C. was on the Front Desk when we arrived. What an engaging gentleman and so helpful as well! He pointed out all of the restaurants within the area, where we could get discounts and gave us information about the arean general. Richard is a definite asset to Comfort Suites! From check in to check out....just a perfect 10 in our opinion.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard c, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Klexa,
Thank you so much for the kind words about us in your review. We are so glad you chose to stay with us again. We appreciate your feedback as it helps with our continuing hospitality improvements.
Again,thank you for the kind review and we look forward to seeing again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a great experience with the helpfulness of the night manager at this hotel. We had a car break down and were stranded and needed to find a place to stay. Took hours for the wrecker to get to us and tow us to the hotel, but once we arrived there near 4:00 a.m., the manager gave us toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo and lotion (since we were not planning on staying overnight somewhere, we had nothing else with us. . . ). The man worked with me to find 2 rooms that met our needs. It was also nice to find a hotel that did not allow pets and smoking, because we have severe allergies and cannot stay in hotels where either is allowed. The night-time manager went above and beyond the call of duty, and we are very thankful. Great breakfast, too. . .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Richard c, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Camille,
Thank you for the great review you gave us . We are very proud we were able to provide you with all your hotel needs.We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a great sleep in this spacious room. It had a couch, rolling desk, marble bathroom counter, choice of pillow firmness, and lots more extras. Our coupon made it a great deal. The breakfast worked for me even with celiac disease as they had hard boiled eggs and yogurt and fruit.

• Stayed: October 2013
Richard c, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear gogirlWisconsin,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing again the next time you're in town.