“Out of Town Company Visitors”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We use the Country Inn & Suites of London, KY several times a month for our Company's out of town visitors and have always had great reviews. From making resrevations through check-out, all of the staff are always very courteous and helpful. The rooms are very clean and spacious with working & resting areas, as well as being quiet. The complimentary breakfast is always great. Great location directly off interstate near several restaurants, shopping areas and theater. Our company will continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
lnky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear SandyLondonKy,

Thank you so much for the wonderful words you said about our hotel. My satff and I would like to extend a warm thank you for staying with us when you have business in our town. Your words have really touched us.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Did not make a reservation - just stopped to see if a room was available. Was traveling with my parents to bring them home from FLA. Was able to book a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for our needs. The beds were excellent quality. Hotel lobby was decorated beautifully for Christmas.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom suite does not have a bedroom door - however it's tucked around a corner so still very...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
lnky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Hedgy56
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in London Kentucky. Your wonderful words about our hotel make us overjoyed. We strive to give a little "southern hospitality" with every stay because we know that there are so many choices along the road. Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

as I told the lady at the desk in the morning.
The heater was not working properly in room 316
the front of the heater fell off.
sometimes it blew cold air and sometimes warm air.
I think it would be a good idea to update the heaters in your rooms.
and seal the area around the heaters at the wall.
we stopped to sleep here because we stopped once before and really enjoyed the night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
lnky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dale R

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future to make sure your next stay with us is a better one.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had stayed at a Country Inn and Suites in the Cleveland area a few months ago and had a pleasant experience, so I decided to give this property a try. I found this one to be just as nice as my other stay.

The hotel is clean and well maintained. The room was big enough and had everything I need including a large desk. The bathroom was reasonable sized and clean. The desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. The employee in the dining area did a great job of keeping things stocked and clean (and just as I was typing this he came and cleared my table).

The breakfast options were adequate with a variety of hot and cold choices. The Country Inn and Suites where I stay previously had a more elaborate breakfast arrangement, but there was nothing wrong with this one.

I will definitely return to this property in the future.

The location was very convenient (very close to the highway)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
lnky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful words. We strive to make every stay with us special and getting your feedback makes us happy to know we are making you happy you chose our hotel. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Not only was the previous guest's hair left in the soap dish and the intake for the whirlpool, but when they came to make my bed (since that's obviously the only thing they do) the housekeeping staff left my door open. I was in town for business. When I returned to the hotel from the office, I did not have to use my key at all, because the door to my room was standing open.

I pointed out the flaws to the girl at the front desk. She put me in another room. In the second room, the used bars of soap from the previous guest were still in the shower. Plus, this room also had hair stuck to the intake of the whirlpool. I ended up calling corporate about this. They offered to send an email to the manager. I told them I would tell him myself. The manager was at choir practice according to the girl who was supposed to be at the front desk, but I kept interrupting her smoke breaks.

The manager ended up coming in. He told me that he knew all the doors had been closed when he left for the day and that his cleaning crew did not make mistakes like what I had pointed out. He ended up putting me in a room that smelled like someone dumped a bottle of Febreeze in there. NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
lnky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in London Ky on the way to Atlanta. We had a coupon from one of the books you pick up at tourist centre. I noticed that the price to stay here with coupon was the same price as some of the lower priced chains, except that on the weekend their prices go up $10.00 a night. It is beside a Starbucks and a gas station. It is 3 floors with an elevator. Fresh cookies when we checked in at dinner time. The room was very nice, two queen beds. Towels were nice, not like some we have used that you could nearly see thru, if you needed any extra shampoo, lotion etc or things that you had forgotten they provided them. Very clean I am pleased. The bed was super comfortable, even my husband was happy with it, and he is not usually happy with hotel mattresses. There is a very decent breakfast included. Cereal, eggs, sausage, muffins and different types of buns and rolls, waffles and different juices. Good selection. It is also very quiet. We will definitely stay here again and will look for one further north on the way home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
lnky, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We strive to make sure every guest gets a feeling of home when they stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here based on previous trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed with our choice. The motel is quite modern and our room was well appointed and very clean. The front desk staff were very accommodating and I enjoyed the sparsely equipped fitness room. Breakfast met all of our expectations as contrary to the advertisement, both hot and cold choices were available.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank FloridaMigrator

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. WE are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We look forward to your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Baymont Inn & Suites London KY
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham London
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 12 in London
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin
Red Roof Inn London I-75

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London? Share your experiences!