“Decent Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in London
Citrus Springs, Florida
“Decent Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here in our way to Chattanooga. Had a coupon from the Kentucky Welcome Center and were told they didn't have any standard rooms left to use with the coupon so they gave us a suite and took $20 off the price of the suite. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. We had a frig and microwave in the room which is always nice to have. The breakfast was and they had plenty of seating. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Grayson, Kentucky
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The building is extremely well kept and the check-in lady seemed nice. She didn't smile or anything, but she wasn't rude, either. However, upon pulling back the cover on the bed, we found all kinds of hair, and it wasn't ours. And it wasn't just a few. It was FULL of hair! So we went downstairs and asked for new bedding. She didn't even apologize and got us our new sheets. We took the bedding off and put the new bedding on to find MORE hair on the new sheets! It wasn't as bad, so we just sucked it up and slept on top of the comforter. I'm really not picky when it comes to hotels, but this was really unacceptable. It's such a fixable problem.

Another thing that was rough was the breakfast. They ran out of biscuits and gravy even before an hour after breakfast started. However, they didn't tell anyone. When we asked if there was more coming out, we were rudely told no. It was really unfortunate.

Other than this, the building is great. I will be traveling here again, though, and I won't stay at this hotel. There's a Holiday Inn Express that has great reviews; that's where I'm headed next.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kalamazoo Michigan, USA
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel was very nice! Clean, clean, clean! The room, to the beds, to the bathroom and shower! We were very impressed! All 4 of us have never sleep so well in a hotel! Room and beds were very comfotable!

Breakfast in the morning was great as well! Nice breakfast area off of the lobby entrance. They offer biscuits and gravy, sausage and a waffle maker. Cereal and bagels were also avail. We only wish there were eggs as well. The ladies working on the breakfast room were very nice, polite and helpful! They were working hard to make it a nice experience for all! We will certainly stay here again, without a doubt! Happy travelers from Kalamazoo, MI.

• Stayed October 2012
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Upon check-in, the lady at the front desk was not at all friendly, never smiled or acted as one would expect. When I walked in, all she said was "Do you have a reservation?" No hello, nothing. I was with a large party (4 rooms), and I asked if we could all be located near each other. Two rooms were right next door, one room way down the hall and the other on another floor entirely. The front desk attendant said she tried to accommodate us, but couldn't. Given her unfriendly attitude, I'm afraid I didn't really believe her.

Also, other problems: internet was not working at all during our stay. Our bathtub leaked every time we took a shower (actually leaked out the bottom of our tub onto the floor, not spraying outside the curtain--needed extra towels for cleanup every day but was told we could not have more than 4 or 5 towels unless we called the front desk later in the day). At breakfast, the biscuits were rock-hard, but otherwise it was fine.

Our housekeeper was really nice. We requested extra towels and she told us that, unfortunately, she was not permitted to give us more but that we could request more later in the day from the front desk. She was very apologetic but also very friendly. The rooms were very clean and my family enjoyed the swimming pool.

Our large party needed a place to eat together and have a birthday party one evening and we were given the use of the breakfast room for an hour or so in the evening, which was very nice.

Overall, I'd say our stay was average for a hotel in general, but not up to the standards that I have seen in other locations for this chain. It's also hard to find the entrance to this hotel. We were prepared for this, having read other reviews before we arrived, but it is REALLY crazy how NOT easy it is to find the entrance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Louisville KY
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel based on the reviews from this site. I have nothing bad to say. The queen room was very nice. I had asked for a room on the top floor away from the elevator and noise, and I received just that! Room 328. If I had anything at all to say us that our view was the Steak and Shake Drive Thru. Honestly, I though this might be a noise issue but it was not. The hot breakfast was scrumptious! We did not use the indoor pool or hot tub, so I can't review that. We also did not use the exercise room. All in all, we would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Ilovegwtw
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Leaving Cincinnati after work, getting a late start heading to Tennessee, we stopped at Country Inn & Suites in London KY. It was after 10 pm but they gave us a room and the gal at the front desk was very nice,helpful and friendly.
The hotel is very clean and has a beautiful lobby and a super nice breakfast area. We got up early and enjoyed a great breakfast before hitting the road.
It was a great experience for me as I normally like to plan ahead and know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all pretty standard, it was night when we arrived so were happy to get a room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Girl at the front desk during our check in was so helpful and accomodating. We had accidentally booked a Country Inn and Suites 20 miles away on Hotels.com and this girl graciously helped change the booking and also offered a discount on the room since we were getting kind of a run around from the other location. Beautiful and comfortable room. Very clean and nice hotel. We did not use the pool, but it looked like it was being used and very much enjoyed. Very comfortable beds and nice clean bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Baymont Inn & Suites London KY
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham London
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 12 in London
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London
Red Roof Inn London I-75
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London? Share your experiences!