“5 star with a caveat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in London
Cincinnati, Ohio
“5 star with a caveat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here one night on a trip down I-75. I reserved two rooms, each King bed/study w/sofabed -- it was all they had left, and we were told when I called that 4 would not fit in one room (not true, the desk clerk was misinformed. More later). We arrived at 1am, so were happy to get checked in quickly. We just wanted a good night's sleep so we could drive some more the next day. The room I was in had a comfy king bed and full-size sofa bed (not twin as I was told on the phone); would have slept 4, but the two of us slept great.

Almost every employee we met in the morning was cheerful and helpful, and breakfast, while not a huge selection, was typical Hampton and perfectly adequate.

Now here's the rest of the story: I found out after we were in the car that the other half of our group did not have a sofa bed in their room, just a chair and ottoman. They checked, it was not a sleeper chair. It was just father/son, so they shared the King bed with moderate success (son is a kicker :/). I called back to the hotel, requesting a credit for the difference in price between the King regular and King study room. I was told that the computer showed that room 217 had a sofa bed, so that was that. I told her that we had just been in the room, and no, it did not. I was put on hold, and she came back and said that she had checked, and yes, it had a sofa bed. ?????? Excuse me? Apparently, what the computer says is law, personal guest experience be damned. She offered to have an assistant manager call me back when they had time, but by this point I felt like I had invested enough time in being told, basically, that we were idiots and couldn't recognize a sofa bed if it bit us on the behind. Too bad we didn't have a picture! BEWARE, fellow travelers, they don't necessarily know what is in their own rooms. Hopefully they'll change the computer, or put a sofa bed into 217. And don't expect the female day clerk with long, curly reddish hair to know anything about the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Everything was clean and tidy. Beds are comfortable and place was quite. Front desk persons were very helpful. Breakfast was well maintained and many options. Overall great overnight location. Has a pool but didn't have time to enjoy it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Hotel was very clean and quiet, and staff was friendly. We arrived at 9:30 pm and were thrilled to find that the pool was open 24 hours. My daughters were hoping to swim for a bit to unwind after riding in the car for 10 hours. We were afraid we had arrived too late for that but were pleasantly surprised. The breakfast was good. There were great omelets, which I haven't seen at a Hampton before, and fresh fruit. The hotel was a bit hard to find in the dark as it was easy to pass by the road it sits on. Overall it was a great choice for our stopping point on the way home from vacation!

• Stayed August 2014
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed here for the weekend while visiting friends and boating at Laural Lake. This hotel was what I expected from a Hampton Inn, where I always stay. Clean, comfortable, quiet with the features I expect from this company. Very friendly staff and breakfast lobby area was comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Huntersville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Wife is very picky and she was well pleased with the complete overnight stay. Breakfast was very good and the staff is extremely pleasant. Exercise room is somewhat limited. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hartford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Beverly has such a huge heart and she was amazing to my 7 month old daughter. She brought her out gravy which was so kind. She is an absolute credit to your organization. The kitchen staff was so helpful to me and my family. The food was fantastic. What hotel offers Soup beans and Corn bread for dinner.. Hello! Genius- I loved it! Thank you Tonya, Our room was so clean and refreshing. I felt right at home. Not only was this hotel wonderful, the staff treated me and my family with care which I appreciate more than you know. Thanks for such an amazing stay at your hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Tabitha H
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The location is very convenient and the hotel was nice and clean. My room was large and comfy. The only thing I could not master was the AC, the wall thermostat sat right behind the fridge/coffee cabinet and the AC never shut down. It was preset and although I tried over and over again, to turn up the temp never changed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Baymont Inn & Suites London Ky
Red Roof Inn London I-75
Hampton Inn Corbin
Hampton Inn Corbin
#1 of 12 in Corbin

Been to Hampton Inn London-North? Share your experiences!