“Excellent food”
Review of The Abbey

The Abbey
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in London
Description: Hours of operation: Monday - Wednesday 11am - 3pm Lunch Thursday 11am -3pm Lunch then 5pm - 9pm Dinner Friday - Saturday 11am - 9pm Just a mile from Interstate 75, ...At the corner of 6th & Main, close to the Court House. Come visit Downtown London and the Abbey. Fresh burgers, chicken, sandwiches and steaks. Our steaks are cook to perfection and seasoned with our own Abbey Seasoning. We have great catfish fried in our own batter, Salmon and check out our Ribs, only on the weekends Fifteen lunch choices, each for just $6.99. We have Coke products, cold draft beer, wine and spirits. Come to the ABBEY...Eat drink & be Merry.
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Went there with 2 kids and4 adults. We all ordered something different and everyone was pleased with their meals. The food was tasty and large servings. I had teriyaki steak tips which was delicious. The baked potato was perfect very tasty and fluffy. If you go please try the fried green tomatoes they are out of this world. Waitress was very friendly and on the ball serving us. Only negative remark was that it was a little loud but understandable because it was crowded. The prices were really good. Will definately eat there again

Date of visit: July 2014
gtolson543, Owner at The Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Papflap, Thanks for the kind review. I have to give the tasty food award to my son (also my partner) who does the cooking and runs the kitchen. He is very good at what he does. We try very hard to get everyone's food to them all together and that takes a skilled manager in the kitchen. We also try to give you real value for the food. Thanks and please come again.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Selection was good and the food was awesome. The kids enjoyed their meals, appetizers were good and our food was delicious. Staff was courteous and atmosphere was very welcoming. Only regret is that we hadn't eaten there sooner. We will visit again in the near future.

1  Thank KandJsDaddy

Dear KandJsDaddy..., another local giving us a review...that is great! It may have taken some time for you to get here but you are always welcome. Don't hesitate to tell your friends here in town. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The Abbey is a treasure to downtown London. It is locally-owned and the menu has a wonderful selection of old favorites with a bit of a twist. My favorite dish there is the black bean burger! As a non-meat eater, I greatly appreciate a restaurant that has a few items without animal products.

The black bean patty is made in-house and is vegan. The burger is huge and comes with one side dish. They have a wonderful selection of sides to choose from like sweet potato fries, fried green tomatoes, and potato salad to name a few. The best part is that the burger and side are only $7.99!

The Abbey also serves alcohol which is a plus in my book. The service has always been great. I have no complaints about this restaurant. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

1  Thank Rachel W

Dear Rachel, Thank you for a great review. We are pleased to know we are doing our job. I'm especially glad you like our veggie burger, they have become quite popular. Please stop by anytime you are traveling through.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Had Saturday lunch here.
We like the downtown location on Main Street. Love the decor and open ceiling. No lunch menu for the weekend, but we enjoyed the Reuben sandwich with coleslaw, chef salad and fried green tomatoes. Food was delicious and service was prompt. No complaints. We are locals so will eat here again.

Dear Pamela, thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you are local and we appreciate your business. Plus I love it when senior reviewers, such as yourself write reviews. hurry back!

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent steak. Service very slow but due to lack of enough staff. Waitress was very good just over worked. Owner needs to hire more help

gtolson543, Owner at The Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Mountainsetc, thank you for your review. Yea Thursday July 10 for what ever reason we were busy...in fact we stayed open an hour past our posted closing time. I had also cut one of my servers at 7pm and then everyone came at 7:30. (we usually close at 8pm on Thursdays) I hope you enjoyed your food well enough to come back, and I do apologize if service was a little slow that night.

Been to The Abbey? Share your experiences!