“Clean, nice rooms, bad breakfast”

Red Roof Inn London I-75
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in London
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean, nice rooms, bad breakfast”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff is very nice. Tim (night shift clerk) was very nice and personable. Rooms are clean and hotel is in the middle of remodeling. Beds are a but on the soft side for my taste, but some may enjoy then. Rooms have separate sink area from shower and toilet. No coffee pots in room. No newspapers available except for local paper in newsstand out front. Breakfast was terrible. Very sparse selection. Gravy was so watery that it couldn't have been considered gravy. For a decent place to sleep and then hit the road, this is ok. However, I wouldn't stay here for multiple nights due to lack of minor amenities that most hotels provide. Price was $67 per night, but there were others in the area that was similar.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dleathers
crgmull, General Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I do apologize about the gravy; we had a problem with too much liquid in the gravy but our supplier has rectified that issue. I am happy to hear Tim provided you with a good experience at our hotel. We do have deluxe 2 beds and superior kings that provide a fridge, microwave and coffee pot that you may want to request on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again in London at our all new hotel ( by the first of the year all our renovations should be completed) Thanks again for the review.
Kay Mullins, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Checking in and out was quick and easy. the wifi was easy to connect to and a decent speed. Most importantly the rooms were very clean. Overall this motel is much better than most other motels in its class.

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks so much for the nice review . Above all, I think cleanliness is the most important factor when choosing a hotel and I was happy to hear your remarks. We look forward to having you back again soon in London.
Thank you, Kay Mullins, General Manager
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Let's start, as always, with the premise this is a budget hotel, not a four or five star hotel. If you're looking for four or five star accommodations, you're reading the wrong review.

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn on Oct 14, 2013. They are in the midst of a renovation and our room had just been renovated a few weeks earlier. While there were workmen in the halls hauling materials and tools to the rooms under renovation, they took care to close the door of the room they're working in so as to minimize the noise. I've traveled for years and never saw workmen take that kind of care before during renovations.

Check-in was quick and hassle-free; the room was clean and we were, surprisingly, thanked for our business by the general manager! (You would not believe how many hotels do not bother to even thank you for your business anymore.)

The hotel is pet-friendly and our two Dalmatians were welcomed with open arms. There are two large lawn areas in front of the main entrance and parking lot where you can safely walk your dogs even after dark. Parking is not a problem, either. The continental breakfast is very simple (bagels, toast, cereal sort of thing), but fresh.

We stayed at this hotel before while traveling from Dayton Ohio to Atlanta and back. I'm sure we will stay here again on another trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
crgmull, General Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel. The construction crew we have working on our renovations are just great! They are kind and considerate of all our guests, as well as doing a wonderful job on the renovations. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your newly renovated room and enjoyed our southern hospitality. We look forward to seeing you in London again soon.
Kay Mullins, GM
Glasgow, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My mom and I arrived late night and very tired. Since my mom is battling cancer, she was very weak, on oxygen, and could only walk a little as she would gasp for air. The attendant, Tim Broussea, immediately started assisting us (carrying our luggage and bags and pushing moms big oxygen tank). We had to stop 5 times and let mom catch her breath...Tim was so kind and patient. He counted the steps from the lobby to our room so we would know ahead of time how far we had to go and he gave us the closest room possible. He made our stay outstanding, the room was great, the hotel was beautifully decorated, and the price was fair and affordable. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Just tell the attendant what your needs are.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
First let me say that I do hope your Mother has a speedy recovery . I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Tim is great and he has worked here several years. I really appreciate you letting us know how well he treated your Mother and you and how well you liked your room. We look forward to seeing you again in London.
Sincerely, Kay Mullins GM
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a basic, comfortable enough hotel, convenient to I-75. We had a large room (King and couch). The bed was comfortable but a bit too mushy for my tastes (I like a little more support). Wifi was good, didn't try the breakfast or the gym. Room was very clean, did not have a fridge or microwave. The price for the room was reasonable. It was OK for 1 night, but because of the bed, I might check elsewhere when traveling I-75 again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry about the bed, but I would like to let you know we are in the process of renovations and all rooms will have new bedding when completed. We should be finished by the first of this year as we have already completed several rooms. We look forward to seeing you in London again.
Kay Mullins, GM
carpio nd
Reviewed September 24, 2013

.We drove for 2 days from Nd to KY for my husbands brothers funeral and when we arrived they were so friendly and helpful that it took a lot of stress off of us. We were there a week and stayed in 2 rooms the first few days in a suite and I loved it. I didn't want to leave but someone had reserved the room ahead of us, but the second room we stayed in was very pretty and just as comfortable. Glennie was there every day and was so helpful and friendly as was all the staff. She made us feel right at home. The breakfasts were very good. Would def. stay there again, hopefully for a pleasure trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 diff. rooms on both sides and they were both great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
crgmull, General Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our hotel. You have my sincere sympathy for your loss and I am glad to hear our staff took great care of you during your stay. We are in the process of a complete renovation to our hotel so the next time you visit everything should have a new look and the rooms even better than they are now. I do look forward to your next visit and I hope it will be for pleasure the next time. I notice you mentioned Glennie; she is great and such an asset to our hotel. Thank you once again.
Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was everything we wanted and needed. It sits up on a hill with lots of green grass as you drive in. It is pretty, my room was big and clean with six pillows on our king bed. It was quiet and the staff was so friendly. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, but no, breakfast was good also. I had great biscuits and gravy and good juice. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
crgmull, Manager at Red Roof Inn London I-75, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We do have a beautiful lot our hotel sits on and right now we are decorating for fall. I will certainly share with our team the wonderful remarks you made and I'm sure they will be very pleased. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you through London, KY. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
Kay Mullins, Gen. Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Baymont Inn & Suites London KY
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, London
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham London
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites London
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 11 in London
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin

Been to Red Roof Inn London I-75? Share your experiences!