“Dumpy Horrible excuse for a hotel.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Pass on this dump. Old dumpy rooms. You walk in and 3 feet there is your bed. Stall bathrooms, Old gold shower door, no tub, seriously? Everything about this experience was horrible. WIll never be back here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere........
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Amrutp, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for the first time tonight. My wife and I frequently travel I-75 between Michigan and Florida. We have a dog, so we need to find 'pet-friendly' hotels. We chose this hotel from DogFriendly.com. Big mistake! It is easily the most disgusting hotel that I have stayed at in many, many years. There is a great deal of water damage to the room (#300) . In addition, the sheets are absolutely filthy. I wish I could upload a photo. We are sleeping in our clothes. Luckily, we brought our own pillows. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Amrutp, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel . Our Principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service and at a reasonable price. Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced. I have since contacted contacted our housekeepng /maintenace personel to make sure that our property is properly cared for , and to assure this problem doesnt occur again , again i apologize that we did not meet our proper standards.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stay in hotels several nights a week and this was a nice hotel. We found it to be very clean and the staff was friendly and professional. I would stay here again! The internet seemed to freeze once or twice, but their internet is still much better than other hotels. This is your hotel when in London, KY!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Amrutp, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

We appreciate your buisness and would like to thank you for staying with us .

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel was a bit disappointing. Although the room was exceptionally clean, the air conditioner had been turned off so it smelled musty. The hallway was very smokey smelling and this was the first time I ever requested some fabreeze or air cleaner from the front desk. We came in at midnight after a very long drive and the clerk was obviously not very welcoming/talkative although she did mix up a spray bottle of air freshener for me when I requested it but no apology about the smell or offer to move us to another room. The breakfast billed as deluxe is not. Very limited selection of packaged pastry, avoid the chocolate mini donuts! They do have a waffle maker and toast, juice and cold cereal. I wasn't impressed compared to some of the Choice hotels I have been too. Only available for short period of time 6am to 9 am and the coffee pots were empty when I came back for a refill at 9:30. Notice on the ice machine was don't fill your cooler - well thanks for that. My advice to this hotel is to be more generous. It doesn't hurt to have coffee for your guests all day(there was only one coffee sachet by the coffee maker in the room just a regular not even a decaf for those of us with a coffee habit), ice is cheap and when people drive in at midnight they need a cheery word!
Do something about the smell - there have been plenty of comments on tripadvisor about it. At the very least bake some cookies to cover it up! Try some Kids'n Pets - works great on smelly carpets!!
The room as I said was very clean. It was quiet or maybe I was just too tired to hear anything! The shower stall was spotless! Everything had been recarpeted and rewall papered which was very nice!Aside from the mustiness and the fact that it wasn't well air conditioned in the hallways or lobby, it wasn't a bad place to catch some zzz's but the breakfast left alot to be desired. Prepackaged pastries just aren't my cup of tea (plus there was no hot water for tea that I could see....)
Would I go there again - if they address the smell issues - yes and maybe upgrade the quality of the breakfast (and more coffee). It doesn't take much to make people feel welcome but going cheap is recognized quickly!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our room was a non smoking yet the room and hallways smelled of smoke. The microwave and the in room phone did not work. They offer breakfast which includes watered down waffle batter, also donuts, cereal, toast, juice and coffee.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank treeguy79

Reviewed September 6, 2011

OK...this place is not fancy, but I found it clean and comfortable. My room did not have a bathtub, only a stand-up shower, which was fine for me and my family but may not be the best for families with small children. Beds were comfortable, TV picture was grainy, and if you want to eat the free breakfast, be sure to show up way before the 9:30 cut-off time! I went down at 9:28 and it was ALL GONE! :) Staff was incredibly unfriendly but for the 5 minutes I had to deal with that it's inconsequential. Don't let the other reviews scare you off like they almost did me!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Amrutp, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and are glad that you were comfortable in your room. We'd like to apologize for the poor staff performance. We pride our self on having good customer service and hope that you choose to stay with us again. I'd like to apologize that you were not told that breakfast was 6am -9 am , i am terribly sorry that you missed breakfast. I have since held a staff meeting to make the our staff knows the importance of giving correct times. I hope that we can serve you again in the future. We appreciate your buisness.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Bugs, green hot tub, cold cold pool, advertised as heated. Breakfast was terrible, no where to sit!! Barely any food out, save your money & go somewhere else, dirty rooms!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Wesle

I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel . Our Principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service and at a reasonable price. Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you experienced. I have since contacted contacted our pool maintenace personel to make sure that our pool is properly cared for , and to assure this problem doesnt occur again , again i apologize that we did not meet our proper standards. We hope that you will stay with us in the future and that we can redeem ourselves, again thank you for your business