“Good, but not the best....”
Review of Harry’s Hamburg

Harry’s Hamburg
Ranked #4 of 946 Restaurants in Lexington
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone's is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone's is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone's your premiere dining destination.
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Malone's was a different kind of dining experience. It's a very upscale, fancy place--to me, anyway. There was an awesome menu but it was very pricey on especially the steaks. The food was no better or no worse than a place like Cheddar's which is much more affordable. All in all, Malone's was a good experience and I would probably go back, but it's not my favorite.

Reviewed February 11, 2010

I used to live right across the street from this place and always had a pretty good meal there. Nothing was shockingly awsome but everything was always reliable, tasty and well prepared.

Reviewed February 11, 2010

3 of us went there to try because we heard such great things about it. My sons food came out raw (pork chops) and had to be sent back. And we waited and waited and then they brought our big(LOL)hahahaha steaks out and we were done eating before he got his food.
All to the tune of are you ready *****$80.00. So if you like pricey food crowded seating and lousy service at a high price go for it.

Reviewed January 10, 2010

I will tell you that I'm go to Malone's about four times a year. We live about an hour away from Lexington, but my husband knows that it's the perfect present for me on my birthday, anniversary, or Valentine's day!

My first visit at Malone's was purely by chance, I had never heard of the reputation that Malone's has (being one of the top ten independant restraunts in the US). And my first visit was like something out of a wonderful dream.

We had chosen Malone's because it was convenient, located within walking distance to the hotel that I was staying at, and we went there for lunch. Much a pleasant surprise, I had the best meal ever in my forty years! I ordered the prime rib with a king crab leg and a Long Island Tea. The tea was absolutely perfect and reasonably priced for a drink that obviously had been made with top shelf liquors. The prime rib was so tender I literally didn't even need to use my knife, and the crab leg was served with hand-drawn butter (the best of the best part of real butter) served over a little candle to melt it and keep it at a perfect serving temperature.

That was a few years ago, and since then I've been told that they no longer serve the butter over the fire, but it's okay because the food and service is still by far superior to any other dining establishment that I've ever been to.

Since that first visit, I've visited Malone's at the original location near Hamburg and the newest one located on the corner of Man 'o War and Harrodsburg Road. Each time I've went I've walked away feeling like I've once again eaten the best meal ever.

Malone's serves fresh prime cut beef (only a very small percentage of the beef served/sold qualfies as prime, and it's very well worth it!

We love the atmosphere, with the autographed menus from world celebrities, sports figures, jockeys, and politicians. The atmosphere is comfortable and fun. They accept reservations, and I've NEVER had to wait more than five minutes to be served (even once or twice that I showed up without a reservation). It's very clean, and the wait staff is excellent. Most of the times, our server has an assistant server. Drinks never go unfilled, bread is offered and accepted by us usually two to three times per meal. The bread is awesome and is served with seasoned butter ( I think it's a ranch flavored seasoned butter... maybe it's garlic butter.. whatever it is, it's delicious).

All of the steaks are served w/ a bottomless salad. And the house dressing is Ranch. While most of my family prefers ranch, I'm a bleu cheese dressing person, and the Ranch bottomless salad is served well chilled in a big bowl that's refilled as often as you wish. My salad comes out in a smaller 'single serving' bowl but refills are offered. The salad is always fresh and delicious. My only complaint, and it's not a big one, is that my salad is always pre-tossed in the dressing, as is the Ranch big bowl. But if I ask for it to be on the side, they always accomodate.

The steaks -- WOW -- where do I start? In my opinion, they are very reasonably priced. My prime rib comes in two sizes. I believe the smaller of the two is either ten or twelve ounce and the large one is sixteen ounces. I always order the sixteen ounce and take home part of it so I can enjoy the wonderful meat the next day for lunch (I cannot get enough of the prime beef!)... The prime rib is always less fatty than most prime rib I order, served to my liking, and tender.

Most of my family usually choose the 'one pounder baked potato' but I sometimes get something different. We're all extremely happy with whatever side that we choose. Malone's has proved to be exceptional at consistant high quality food and service for us.

My last visit was at the end of December for my birthday, and my husband mentioned to the server that it was a special day. And Malone's offered me my choice of dessert for free!! I chose the cheesecake, and it was as great as everything else I've ever eaten there.

Malone's is well worth the drive for me, and it's comparable in price to Longhorns but the food quality, service, and wait is far superior to Longhorns or any other place I eat in central Kentucky.

If you find yourself visiting Lexington for a day of shopping or pleasure, or perhaps a business lunch, I highly recommend Malone's!!

Reviewed November 30, 2009

My son and I ate here the night before a home football game and even though the place was crowed we had a great dinner.The steaks were some of the best we have ever had and that's saying a lot for us.The bernaise and dijon horseradish sauces were incredible.A little too much sauce in one case so order it on the side.The steamed asparagus was done quite well and the salads were fresh and tasty.Very nice wines to compliment the meal.