“Malone’s for Dinner - go without hesitation”
Review of Harry’s Hamburg

Harry’s Hamburg
Ranked #4 of 918 Restaurants in Lexington
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone's is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone's is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone's your premiere dining destination.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Malone’s for Dinner – go without hesitation”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This place has it all! Prime, yes Prime Beef, filets and steaks, surf and turf, a patio bar (Harry’s) and even a sushi bar (Aqua). On a Wednesday night, it was packed and we were informed of an estimated 40-min wait, but were seated within only a few minutes.

This restaurant is where the “who’s who” of the world dine when in Lexington. The walls are covered with autographs and comments from many names you know well. Also, stop to view the collection of Maker’s Mark Bourbon bottles commemorating special events, past KY Derby winners and even the NFL teams. Some are very unique bottles and I know that what is in them just so happens to be my favorite ‘spirit’ of choice.

For serving such fine quality meals, you’d expect a ‘stuffy’ atmosphere, but Malone’s is quite casual. Bring your kids and arrive in shorts. You will still have a wonderful meal professionally prepared and served. If you are lucky, perhaps you will get Richard as your waiter and his understudy, Josh – true professionals at their craft.

There were five in our party. Four ordered from the main menu and one from the sushi menu. All looked great and tasted even better. The filet will melt in your mouth and is served numerous different ways. Beef quality at Malone’s is right there with Ruth’s Chris AND they do know how to properly cook them to your specification.

I chose the Twin Filets with KY Bourbon BBQ Sauce which was topped with thinly-sliced fried onion rings. It comes with a Lexingtonian Salad and a choice of several side dishes. I chose the Broccoli Florets, but those huge baked potatoes sure looked good. I was told the Tempura Rainbow Roll (sushi) was top-notch. Another in our party had eaten earlier and chose only a Steak Salad, with the beef cooked rare. It also looked very good.

Being in town a few days for a family event and located right across the street from a Courtyard-Marriott, we are planning to meet at Harry’s to catch-up with the others from our youth from back before today’s society and economy split us up and sent us to the many corners of the globe. We will definitely visit Malone’s again. A place like this makes me proud to call the Bluegrass Region of KY my family home. Go without hesitation - you’ll glad you did.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank WA2world

“Prime Steak, Seafood and Sushi Right Off I-75”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The location cannot be beat--turn right on Man O War, go a half mile, turn left on Pleasant Ridge Drive and it is not too far on your left. Service is professional and the beef is prime. My filet was perfect and anchovies were available with my Caesar. My wife had very good filet medallions with crab Rangoon and she loved it. My granddaughter had fried chicken and Mac and cheese and highly recommends both. They had the signature steak potato soup as a starter and said this is a good starter. A little pricey, but this is a fine steak restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Homewood, Illinois
“Louisville Steak and Sushi Restaurant”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The combination of quality steak and fresh suchi dishes was a great treat! I had the Filet Mignon and Crab Ragoon Roll for dinner and enjoyed them both. Made a good martini. The only disappointment was that all the Pinot Noirs were from California. A good steak house absolutely should have a couple Pinot's from Oregon!

• Visited May 2013
“Only if you have to!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This was about the only spot open on Sunday night-we should have grabbed a McDonalds instead. The spot was dirty-carpet icky, I ran my finger through the dust on the railing on the way out. I had the chicken with pasta-the pasta was tough, cold and along with the chicken, was swimming in oil on my plate. My husband had the filet-definetly not prime, it was punch pressed tenderized, it was medium choice grade meat-no where close to prime. Our server was pleasant and efficient, but this was not her career choice. The real kicker was when the busboy knocked over and broke(!!) a glass of water on a poor man sitting near us-there were no apologies, no manager came to help, nothing! Just this poor guy with a wet lap full of broken glass!! Go to Malone's if you have to, but our advice is to skip the place and eat a big breakfast in the morning!

• Visited June 2013
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went for dinner and were pleased with the food and the service. We thought the value was great. Compared to somewhere like Morton's or Ruth's Chris where you have to purchase sides and salad seperatly, everything comes with the meal and they are reasonably priced. We had the crab Rangoon roll for an appetizer and would recommend it highly. Nice bar too, they made the most delicious Manhattans. Our server was excellent and the manager came to ask about the quality of our visit. We will be sure to visit again next time we are in Lexington.

• Visited June 2013