“Okay, nothing special, but at least it was clean....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Super 8 Lexington Downtown
Ranked #58 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Kuttawa
“Okay, nothing special, but at least it was clean....”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We checked-in on Thursday & checked-out on Sunday. It was at least clean, we had a non-smoking room, but right across the hall was smoking-rooms, so, you could smell the smoke in your room that had settled. We were on the 2nd floor, we had to drag our luggage up the stairs, but for the value, it was okay.

They had a simple breakfast available in the mornings.

It seemed to be in a safe neighborhood, we had no problem.

The one thing I checked & was thankful for was a clean shower/bathroom-no mildew. The beds were clean, I checked to make sure the sheets were clean. The room smelled of smoke, but I had air-freshener with me.

The room for double beds averaged around $74 per night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mariesa1969

Couples
Solo
Business
Mechanicsburg, PA
Reviewed July 6, 2006

Worst motel I have ever stayed in. Parking lot and grounds very trashy. Door to room did not fit properly, furniture warped. Bathroom floor dirty. Room smelled dirty. Sheets did not smell clean. Complained to front desk, put into another room. Second room was not any better. Walkways very trashy.Coffee pot in second room did not have handle-never replaced. Front desk personnel very pleasant. Motel should be torn down.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank SBuckeyeinPa
Danville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 21, 2006

You get what you pay for. No internet service, clean updated bedroom, but motel overall has that "rent by the hour" look. Shower head sprayed water everywhere, ice machines didn't work and were grimy and filthy. Management obviously isn't putting much into keeping the place up. But then as I said, you get what you pay for.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2005

This is the worst place that I have ever stayed. I do not consider the location to be "downtown". It is in a rather industrial area and was dark and dreary. The parking lot was quite scary and made me uncomfortable. The worst part was the room - my first impression was that it was not clean, but I reminded myself that this is a budget chain. The room seemed to have been closed up for a while. The worst part was when I got ready to climb into bed. The sheets had an odd gray/brown tinge and when I gave it the sniff test it confirmed my fears - the sheets were not clean and had not been changed in a while. The bedspreads were stained and also filthy. We had to leave, as there was no getting around this issue. We drove all the way home (about 2 hours) and were unable to complete our mini-vacation. Awful.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member