“Economical and comfortable.”

Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Florida
“Economical and comfortable.”
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Stayed here for over a week for a horse event. The hotel was clean and comfortable; well worth the rate we paid. The staff was friendly and the property is in a great location. The only complaints I have are that the breakfast area was not kept very tidy during service hours, and they ran out of numerous things. Otherwise, it was a nice thing to have breakfast available -- great waffles!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of breakfast area
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Hope
Reviewed May 24, 2007

I stayed at this hotel in 2005, and it was so quiet, and so clean, and well run. If I had any reason to go back to Lexington, I would stay there.

The desk staff were so helpful. When I was checking in, I asked to have a quiet room, away from the dogs and kids they allow to stay at that hotel (I normally DO NOT stay in hotels that allow dogs, due to noise and possiblility of fleas being left behind in the rooms).

The clerk said he would put me on the second floor, because they put all the dogs and kids on the main floor. So the second floor is nice and quiet and clean, with adults only, and no dogs! WHAT A GREAT IDEA! I stayed over one week, and had not one complaint about this place!

The breakfast (which I brought back to my room) was wonderful, and there is something there to satisfy all tastes -- everything from bagels, to donuts, to fresh hot waffles (you make them yourself), and oatmeal, etc. ALL FREE TO GUESTS.

I don't drive, but I was able to walk to many shops -- I was not in need of anything. There is the Crackerbarrel across the parking lot (BUT I DON'T GO TO CRACKERBARREL RESTAURANTS DUE TO THE PAST COURT CASES THEY HAD RELATED TO BIAS AND PREJUDICE IN THEIR ORGANIZATION, AGAINST GAY STAFF AND CUSTOMERS). There is also the Waffle House nearby, and a Subway Sandwich shop, which is right next to a 24 hour market, which has just about everything you can imagine, including souvenires.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and would return without any problem if I had to go back to Lexington.

• Liked — the kindness of the staff
  • Disliked — there was nothing about this location that I would complain about. I loved it.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Cooper567
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2005

I stayed here when I went to the Kentucky Horse Park which is only a few miles from this hotel. I got a great price on Expedia and this was OUTSTANDING Hotel!!! I have never in my life had such a GREAT free breakfast in the front lobby. My daughter fixed herself a fresh hot waffle right in the waffle grill they have ready to use. All of the staff was friendly and helpfull! Cracker Barrel is right next door just a walk across the parking lot. But eat in the morning in the hotel for free - IT WAS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN! I can't say it enough. CLEAN TOO The rooms in this hotel looked like NEW and VERY CLEAN. They must have redone this hotel because I can't belive the review I read about this hotel being Terrible. They have a small outdoor pool, but no indoor pool that's about the only down fall if you have crappy weather. I would tell everyone to stay here when going to the Horse park. BTW, I loved the Kentucky Horse Park Too!

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank LundyLune
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2005

First let me begin, we stopped at the La Quinta on our way to Gatlinburg from Indianapolis. It was late, the kids were tired. We check in around midnight or 1am. We had used priceline to purchase our hotel room. We requested a crib since we had our 1 year old son with us. The crib that was brought to our room was about to fall apart. I was scared to even put him in it. Then rooms were dirty and were VERY run down. The hallway had rips and stains. The next morning, they had a continential breakfast, which would have been nice. It lasted until 9am, I arrived there around 10 till 9 to pick my kids up some breakfast, when I got there, the man (that was normally working the desk said) "Do you want something, because I am putting it all up right now". I said, well yes, so I started together to get my kids some items, all while he was snatching them out from underneath me. I was not please with this hotel, I would have only rated it with one star if I was the one that ranked hotels. So, beware, the beds are EXTREMELY uncomfortable as well! So I just wanted to warn you!

• Stayed March 2005