“Kentucky Ramada”

Ramada Lexington North Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The room was clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. Everything worked fine and for the most part, was quiet

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Ramada Inn in Lexington Kentucky 2143 N. Broadway which was again a complete disaster.
We found the Ramada Inn in a book at a rest stop called Hotel coupons. com The Ramada’s coupon say’s $44.99 plus tax and additional $10.00 on Friday & Saturday. The coupon says it has a pool & whirlpool/sauna. When I mentioned the coupon they told me they would NOT honor it, the clerk told me that because there were horse races in town this weekend April 4th 2014 the coupons were not valid & that it would probably be hard to find any rooms because they were selling out fast but they would give us a AAA discount that brought the price down to $91.86 a night, NOT CHEEP, I asked him for 3 rooms together because I was traveling with my mother in law and she is 91 years old, He told me that he had 3 together and that I would be really happy with the rooms. He then verified with me on the phone that there would be no refunds once he ran the card and asked me again if I wanted the rooms. I told him yes When we arrived there was a sign at the front desk stating that the Spa was not available & Sauna was not working, This is something he never told me on the phone but ok were here now. After getting to our rooms I decided to go to the pool and take a look at it, The pool was very nice however it was not handicapped accessible so we could not take advantage of the pool either. After returning to my room I had trouble re-entering but my husband was inside the room and opened the door for me I didn’t think twice about it. We then decided to go downstairs to the restaurant to get some dinner and bring it back to our room, My husband was very tired and headed back to the room to wait for us to arrive with dinner. While waiting for dinner my cellular phone rang and it was my husband telling me that he had called the front desk because the key card was not working and I was to stop at the front desk to get new keys, He told me that he told the clerk at the desk that it appeared that someone had tried to break in the door because the door jam had given away and that was why he couldn’t get the door open but the clerk told him to just try a new key because sometimes they don’t program right.
I went to the front desk leaving my mother in law at the restaurant waiting for the food and got the new key cards. When I returned to my room “294” I tried the new key card and it did not work & it did appear that someone had tried to break in.When you pushed on the door to open it the door jam moved with it. Since we had 3 rooms in a row 290, 292 & 294 we went to room 290 and called the front desk again. This time he said he would sent out the maintenance guy. I told him that we were going to need another room and that this was unexceptable. He understood and told me that we would talk about it in the morning. When maintenance arrived he was able to open the door by sliding a card between the door and the lock plate. He then told us that someone did try to break in but it was before we arrived and that it was glued back together by someone. He then went to the front desk and got us a new room 211 well that was clear on the other side of the hotel so our friend that was in room 290 took 211 so we could stay by mom. We decided to look at mom’s door and to our surprise the door was open because the closer didn’t work and the dead bolt was broken too.
Again I called the front desk and told them that the room that my 91 year old mother in law was staying in didn’t lock, he told me he that the maintenance guy left and that he would have to call him back I said yes please because I don’t want anything to happen to her, he said ok…. Someone knocked on our door, I went to open it but before I could I was face to face with this woman. I asked her how she got in and she told me that the door was open so she just came in. Her name was Loraine. She went into mom’s room “292 and played with the dead bolt and after about 5 minutes or so she walked over to the phone and asked them to send maintenance.We thought she was maintenance so we asked her who she was and she told us she worked in housekeeping but maintenance was on the way. After about 30 minutes waiting and looking at the door David the maintenance guy said he had to go get this tools to fix it. We then told him about the doors not closing automatically and he said he was aware of this and that they were changing them but he would not be changing ours this night.All this took hours of waiting…. We decided that since our rooms did not secure properly that we would just stay in for the evening bolting them from the inside. We felt confined to our rooms. In the morning at check out I asked the clerk at the front desk if he was the manager and he told me yes, I then asked him if he was aware of what happened last night and he told me yes and he was going to give us a $30.00 credit on each room. I thanked him and was expressing our concern about the security because we have an elderly woman with us,
I started to say to him that I was concerned because I had my 91 year old mother but he interrupted me and said very condescendingly “WELL CONGRATULATIONS” Because my mother is DEAD. I turned to my mother in law and apologized to her for him. I turned back to him and said my mom is dead too. He said to me. You just said your mom was 91 years old. I then told him that he cut me off and that I was saying that I had my 91 year old mother in law with me, At that point my husband said that in his opinion the rooms should be free this just made David the manager so mad that he started screaming and shaking. he stated yelling that we had no right to make any demands.
We finish checking out and left. After we got into the car my mother in law started to cry and she asked me if he was saying that she should be dead or something. I told her that I was sorry he said that and that he was mad at me and took it out on her.This is a woman that was minding her own business and saying nothing to him…. I believe this man should be fired for making an elder woman that had nothing to do with this cry… She cried several times thinking about what he had said

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank krissybb

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We did NOT have a good experience. Drain in shower did not work, Door swipe's were broken through out hotel, got locked out side twice! Work out room full of mold and dirt. The only response was Sorry!

Room Tip: Pool is very far away and you can not go threw court yard with out getting locked out..So ask to sta...