“Not up to par”

Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not up to par”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

At check-in I was assigned room #x11x. I could not get into the room.............I pushed so hard that I was afraid that I would break something. I returned to the main desk.......the clerk walked back to the room with me and was able to open the door. The door jamb was badly split and one had to slam the door very hard to get it to close.......and sometimes that did not work. I then discovered that the security lock would not engage. So much for that room..............I returned to the main desk and requested another room.

Room #x22x had a good door, so I felt a little better.............actually not bad as long as you did not want to know what time it was (as the clock did not work)

The only highlight about this place is that the breakfast was decent and the lady that serviced the breakfast room is a wonderful person.

Room Tip: stay at a different property
mskaty, General Manager at Ramada Lexington North Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to notify me concerning your stay at the Ramada Conference Center, your comments concerning our facilities and services are greatly appreciated. It is comments from our valued customers that insure the management and staff of the Ramada Conference Center continue to do our best to provide well maintained facilities and friendly, efficient, courteous service.

I am so sorry that your stay was not as it should have. Please rest assured that your concerns have been addressed and we do our very best to see that they to do happen again.

Thanks again for your comments and concerns.

Have a wonderful summer.

Katy Stephenson
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This picture of the "Fitness Room" says it all....circa 1972. While my room was totally acceptable, for the Priceline price I paid, the rest of the property needs a wrecking ball! The staff was friendly enough, but there's not a lot you can do when the place is falling down around you. I echo the "nasty pool area" post...glad I wasn't swimming! No neaby restaurants except the one on the property & a Waffle House next door. If this is a 3 star property I'm the Pope!

Room Tip: If you must stay here - or this property ins your Priceline bid, ask for a remodeled room a the Broa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business