“A great place to stay!”

Ramada Lexington North Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was here with m family for three nights. The rates were very reasonable in comparison to others in the area and the hot breakfast was to die for. I particularly liked the fact that the hotel has all the facilities one needs such as a laundry room, gym and a swimming pool.

The staff were friendly and the rooms were very spacious. I agree the main decor is a little dated but what matters is the room. Ours was very well cleaned by staff. I would not think twice about staying in this hotel again as ours was a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed here just two weeks ago, and upon entering the lobby to check in, I had a bad feeling. The lobby smelled like smoke, and the room was even worse! There were several families staying in our group, and one family asked to move rooms due to the mold smell in the room. The front desk acknowledged the first floor had a mold problem when they moved them to the second floor. The place is very dated and not very clean. Some rooms had cobwebs, pubic hair in the shower, and bugs in the bathroom.

On the positive side, the front desk guys were very nice and the hot breakfast was good. However, these positives aren't enough to warrant staying here with all the other available lodging in Lexington.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2011

When we checked in we went and checked out the lounge/restraunt area. There was paper on the floor of the lounge along with limes from drinks and a plastic cup. this was at 11 a.m. We went back at around 7 p.m. and it was still there and the lounge was closed. No music either. We went for breakfast and it was still there with food on the restraunt floor. Hallways were in bad need of cleaning. The night clerk told us when we went to ask a question "I don't like women anyway". Beds were small and not very comfortable. We were told when we made the reservations that they were having a tribute to "The King" that weekend but weren't informed that it was $25.00 a person to get in. We will not go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Rooms were old and out of date. Floor could have used a good vacuuming.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was a "walk-in" guest. My room on the 2nd floor, $69.00 +tx, was a large king. It was a wheelchair accessible room. The bathroom, while large, was more hospital-like. Amenities included refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, large TV box, dresser, table, two chairs, and a chair/ottoman.

The place is big, indoor pool, outdoor pool, exercise room, bar, restaurant, plus the big meeting rooms. Looks like a good place for a smaller convention.

Expanded breakfast was included in the rate. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, pastries, cereal...

The front desk night person, kind of snarky. Kept commenting that people couldn't read the sign on the desk telling them where an event was happening.

Note to management: 1. Buy an appropriate information board. 2. Put staff through training.

Daytime desk person was friendly on checkout.

This Ramada is from a generation past. The layout, general design, quality of materials is just out of date. The photos on sites linked here on TripAdvisor appear accurate.Though to me, they look like the original photos from when the place was built. It has that well worn look to it.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but would not be my first choice destination.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The rooms were dirty, smelled terribly moldy and were old. The sheets looked clean...There were bugs in the entry hallways. If I was paying 50$ a night I may have expected these conditions but at 125$/night not even worth it. We tried another room and it didnt have any better conditions. The bar was closed at 8pm on a Friday night as well and this is a conference center. Steer clear of this one folks! We switched hotels and stayed 5 miles away at the Hyatt downtown for 25$ more per night and there accomadations were superb! Clean, friendly, accomodating, odor-free, no fear of walking barefoot on the carpet in our room!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I have now stayed at this facility on two occasions for business travel. The first stay was for 3 days, the second for 5. While I do agree with some of the other comments that the facility is a little dated, I will have to say that, in my case, I was drawn back to this hotel the second time by the people that worked there. While there were signs of wear particularly on the doors and trim, the room was very clean. The staff was very helpful. I had to call in for a wakeup call each night and by the second or third day the desk clerk knew who I was when I called and what I needed. The little old lady who took care of the breakfast setup had been with the hotel for several years and made you feel like you were going to Grandma's house for breakfast. I never felt rushed or as if I were a bother. The wireless internet worked well (although the tv was not the greatest), the iron and ironing board in the room looked new, the refrigerator was in good condition, and the place was extremely quiet. This all came for about half what the other motels were charging. So while you may find a newer facility with a few more bells and whistles, just remember "a house don't make a home", which is what this place was for me while I was there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business