“Needs a good cleaning and deceptive. !”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at Comfort Suites all over and this one is a real disappointment!

After a very long driving day we were greeted by a nice young man and he gave me the info to sign. However he asked me "check" a block acknowledging that "I would have to pay for safe usage". But if I didn't use it then I could tell them upon check out and they would remove the fee.

Well in my opinion that is very deceptive practices because if I had forgotten then I would have been charged the fee. I have never been subjected to any such fees with Comfort Suites!

Additionally this place needs a refurb big time and it's only surface cleaning done. There was mildew around the grout and dust around the floor tile in the bathroom. The fan sounded like a jet engine in room 316 but was alright in 318.

We took off our shoes and within a few minutes our socks were dirty.

We wanted a non-smoking room and we were placed on the 3rd floor, we had 2 rooms 316/318 and the hall was stale smelling. The room was worse fortunately I travel with an ionizer otherwise I would have left.

The AC was hard to regulate as they don't have thermostats.

I am being generous with a 2 star but the bed was comfortable and didn't see any bugs. Plus the breakfast was normal for a hot breakfast and tasted pretty good and the TV, Internet worked fine, the fridge and microwave were clean and new.

The elevator is located in a small hallway off the main hallway and it made it difficult to maneuver it luggage cart.

We booked this hotel during the "special reduced rates" and it definitely is not worth the regular room rate.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Amber Thomas O
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were in the area touring UK and usually stay in a Comfort Suites. We will never stay at this one again. The layout is not good first of all, lots of dark hallways, even the elevator is in an odd place, looks like a hotel room door. The ice machine is only on the first floor. The desk clerk was very nice. The pool area was in desperate need of a good cleaning. The hot tub looked really dirty, did not even use it. Breakfast was awful. The cook left and the desk clerk that morning was having to do both jobs, so we did not get to even have breakfast that morning. It was all empty and we could not wait to get out of there because there were workers that kept knocking on our door to get in to clean the carpets. It was really loud machinery and so were the men that was running the equipment. I would not recommend this hotel, if in Lexington stay somewhere else. I also had a safe charge that I just thought of. I will be calling to have them take it back off.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for 1 night before flight out the next morning. From the outside does not look bad once inside it was not up to standards. Would not stay here again. Felt it was dirty and needs a complete overhaul. The elevator was through what looked like a room door. The hallways were not clean wish we had checked room before checking in would have went elsewhere. The neighborhood itself is very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

As a volunteer planner of group travel for our church and other seniors, we will never again try Comfort Suites! In over 10 years of planning trips, this is the only occasion we have come to where they only had 8 of the 23 requested rooms--and a rooming list had been received and confirmed with their sales manager--so either they need new reservation guidelines or a new sales manager!!

Room Tip: Can't really attest to any of the rooms as they didn't have any to give us! We did end up...
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My first experience at the Comfort Suites will definitely bring me back. My room was comfortable and clean, all the amenities were there (some hotels like to give you 4 packages of decaf for in-room coffee, CS had 2 of each), great shower, quiet, etc. They even had "Grab n Go" bags for guests who didn't have time to take advantage of the hotels pretty-good breakfast - fruit, a granola bar, bottled water - even a napkin and mints!

The hotel may be a bit hard to find for folks new to Lexington, but that's the only down-side I can think of.

Room Tip: I had a 4th floor room close to the main road the hotel serves and it still wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times and been very pleased each time.
Room is very comfy, clean and spacious. Love the fridge and microwave and having a place to store snacks and drinks in the cabinet.
Always quiet. Easy in and out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

First, the address in our GPS took us to the wrong location. No real signs other then the sign on the side of the hotel to help you find it. Drove past the road leading to it twice because there was a tire shop there and it looked like it just led to that business. Upon arrival the hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. The room was clean but musty smelling. I later found that the curtains had some mild on them from condensate from the AC. The bed was comfortable and the rest of the room was in good shape. With the 15% discount I got from Travelocity, it made the room worth it but this may not be my hotel of choice when in this area again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple