“A Great Historic Downtown Hotel”
Review of Gratz Park Inn

Gratz Park Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Lexington B&B and Inns
Oldsmar, Florida
“A Great Historic Downtown Hotel”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We only got to spend one night at the Gratz Park Inn but found it extremely comfortable, beautifully decorated and close to downtown sites. Our suite was spacious and had all the comforts we needed for a visit. The hotel is very well done in its decor and the staff was extremely helpful during our stay. We were glad our room was away from the elevator. It was a very good experience and we liked its convenience for easy walks to attractions and also the downtown walking tour.

Room Tip: Get room away from elevators.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

A wonderful stay here in this lovely hotel. Request a room away from the elevators as the building is old and only does so much to pad sound. Rooms are super spacious with plush carpet. Hotel staff is fantastic. Bar and restaurant are great. If u want breakfast in the morning, save a little spare time as the cook is a bit overworked. However the breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Karen G
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The two big selling points for Gratz Park Inn are its location and its charm. It is an easy walk to everything in downtown Lexington and while it isn't as close to Rupp Arena as some national chain hotels, you can get a better value on a room at Gratz Park. The rooms are unique, but still comfortable.

On the downside, the restaurant and bar close too early. My wife and I wanted a post-concert desert or drink, but everything at Gratz Park was shut down. Service at the hotel was average. The clerk at the front desk was nice enough, but we saw no other hotel staff during our stay. For the price paid for the room, a little pampering or extra attention seemed appropriate.

In all, it was a good place to stay and a nice change from the big national hotels. With a little more effort it could have been very special.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Forest, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Gratz Park Inn last week and had a very pleasant stay. It is a great location. We walked to many very nice restaurants. A walk to Gratz part is very nice too as it is surrounded by beautiful old homes. There is plenty of parking at the inn. The service was great. I had a standard king room and it was very big. Lots of big windows.
I would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and had 4 large windows.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alison032
St. Andrews
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Flying over the horse farms of Kentucky Bluegrass Country for my first time was a beautiful sight indeed. I was attending a three-day seminar on Tea and Etiquette presented by none other than Bruce and Shelley Richardson and their wonderful associate Lois Quilligan. When I landed, Zedtta Wellman, the effervescent manager of The Gratz Park Inn, met me at the airport in grand style. On the way to the Inn, a short 15 minutes drive away, in a spotless Cadillac SUV, she explained to me proudly about the rich heritage of the region. I have friends who live there and Zedtta reflected the kind southern hospitality which all of the locals exude.

The Gratz Hill Inn is located centrally on a lovely tree-lined historic street only a stone’s throw from the birthplace of Mary Todd Lincoln. As I walked through the front door of the Inn, I knew right away I was in for a treat. As a former innkeeper myself, I could not help noticing the attention to detail shown in so many aspects of the layout, the décor, and above all, the genuinely warm hospitality.

Being a bit late and starving, I raced to the independently owned restaurant/bar, Jonathan’s (see separate review) to enjoy a Sunday brunch before it closed and before heading to my room to rest up for the seminar. The room was a comfortable size furnished with a king-sized bed, which served as my cocoon for the next four nights. The mahogany desk and bureau gave a rich feel to the room. My only negative would be the shag carpet, of which I am not a fan. The bathroom was clean, fitted with amenities the label of which are apparently changed every two years so that the many repeat customers don’t become bored. Basically, everything worked perfectly including the flat screen TV and the free Wi-Fi. After four days I still could not understand why this fine hotel had not been awarded four diamonds by AAA instead of the three it had garnered.

When I am staying in a hotel, I want cleanliness, comfort, and gracious hospitality. If that’s what you want, you will find you have landed on your feet here. I look forward to returning again and again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spending four nights there, we found The Gratz Park Inn ideally located close by downtown Lexington, with several restaurants, cafes, bars and shops within easy walking distance. The property is well appointed in both the guest rooms and lobby areas. (Our two bed room was excellent however the only mirror was in the bath, a minor issue.)

We were especially impressed with the friendly, helpful staff at the Gratz Park. Veronica at the front desk was charming; she greeted us each morning with a genuine interest in our activities along with her insights on the locality. She made our visit all the more special. Moreover, they offer a secure, off-street parking area as well as direct access to the excellent restaurant, Jonathan's, which shares the same building. As we were touring early each day, we did not checkout the gym room or the special breakfast area on the lower level.

Looking forward to staying with them again; we would highly recommend the Gratz Park Inn for a great experience in the Lexington area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing W. 2nd Street have street light glare during the evening and morning sun intrusion for...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This lovely little boutique hotel is quiet and unique to Lexington. The rooms all have Temperpedic beds (which are extra comfortable and just like home) but each room appears to be decorated in its own style. For an older hotel it is truly a hidden jewel. Not to mention the fabulous dining at Jonathan's downstairs. Don't miss this hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple