“Great Location”

Ranked #4 of 6 Lexington B&B and Inns
Mount Forest, Canada
“Great Location”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Gratz Park Inn last week and had a very pleasant stay. It is a great location. We walked to many very nice restaurants. A walk to Gratz part is very nice too as it is surrounded by beautiful old homes. There is plenty of parking at the inn. The service was great. I had a standard king room and it was very big. Lots of big windows.
I would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and had 4 large windows.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alison032

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
St. Andrews
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Flying over the horse farms of Kentucky Bluegrass Country for my first time was a beautiful sight indeed. I was attending a three-day seminar on Tea and Etiquette presented by none other than Bruce and Shelley Richardson and their wonderful associate Lois Quilligan. When I landed, Zedtta Wellman, the effervescent manager of The Gratz Park Inn, met me at the airport in grand style. On the way to the Inn, a short 15 minutes drive away, in a spotless Cadillac SUV, she explained to me proudly about the rich heritage of the region. I have friends who live there and Zedtta reflected the kind southern hospitality which all of the locals exude.

The Gratz Hill Inn is located centrally on a lovely tree-lined historic street only a stone’s throw from the birthplace of Mary Todd Lincoln. As I walked through the front door of the Inn, I knew right away I was in for a treat. As a former innkeeper myself, I could not help noticing the attention to detail shown in so many aspects of the layout, the décor, and above all, the genuinely warm hospitality.

Being a bit late and starving, I raced to the independently owned restaurant/bar, Jonathan’s (see separate review) to enjoy a Sunday brunch before it closed and before heading to my room to rest up for the seminar. The room was a comfortable size furnished with a king-sized bed, which served as my cocoon for the next four nights. The mahogany desk and bureau gave a rich feel to the room. My only negative would be the shag carpet, of which I am not a fan. The bathroom was clean, fitted with amenities the label of which are apparently changed every two years so that the many repeat customers don’t become bored. Basically, everything worked perfectly including the flat screen TV and the free Wi-Fi. After four days I still could not understand why this fine hotel had not been awarded four diamonds by AAA instead of the three it had garnered.

When I am staying in a hotel, I want cleanliness, comfort, and gracious hospitality. If that’s what you want, you will find you have landed on your feet here. I look forward to returning again and again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spending four nights there, we found The Gratz Park Inn ideally located close by downtown Lexington, with several restaurants, cafes, bars and shops within easy walking distance. The property is well appointed in both the guest rooms and lobby areas. (Our two bed room was excellent however the only mirror was in the bath, a minor issue.)

We were especially impressed with the friendly, helpful staff at the Gratz Park. Veronica at the front desk was charming; she greeted us each morning with a genuine interest in our activities along with her insights on the locality. She made our visit all the more special. Moreover, they offer a secure, off-street parking area as well as direct access to the excellent restaurant, Jonathan's, which shares the same building. As we were touring early each day, we did not checkout the gym room or the special breakfast area on the lower level.

Looking forward to staying with them again; we would highly recommend the Gratz Park Inn for a great experience in the Lexington area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing W. 2nd Street have street light glare during the evening and morning sun intrusion for...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This lovely little boutique hotel is quiet and unique to Lexington. The rooms all have Temperpedic beds (which are extra comfortable and just like home) but each room appears to be decorated in its own style. For an older hotel it is truly a hidden jewel. Not to mention the fabulous dining at Jonathan's downstairs. Don't miss this hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Had a nice stay at the Gratz Park. It is nothing special, but if you want something a little different this is a the place for you. The staf is very nice and it is very close to a lot of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the front of the Hotel. The ligths will keep you up all night.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steinbrenner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Gratz Park was a great place to stay. It was December, right around the holidays- rainy season in Lexington. They cut us a great rate at 99.00. In spite of the discounted rate, we were well looked after, receiving hospitality we thought only reserved for bourbon barons. It was my first experience with an Inn or B&B type setting. My partner and I are vegan travelers, so we are particular about amenities such as breakfast, we seldom stick around for the food- Since we booked on short-notice, no special concessions could have been made, but I am certain they would have figured something out had we planned in advance.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The whole place is a historic building. Views to the south, overlooking the parking lot have a direc...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Thank you to the Gratz Park Inn for an excellent stay in Lexington, Kentucky. You staff was so friendly and helpful. Zedtta and Will are just wonderful! The room was lovely. The location of the Gratz Park was central to everything we wanted to see in downtown Lexington. We met friends in the library and wandered over to Jonathan's for a delicious dinner. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple