“Not worth the price”
Review of Eighth Pole Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Eighth Pole Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Lexington B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Swann's Nest the first two nights of our honeymoon. I thought the room was average for the price we paid per night. The bathroom and room really needs to be updated, the pictures were a bit deceiving online. The bed was also very hard and both of us slept poorly. Our room was off of the stairs so we heard lots of voices and foot traffic. We could also hear a very loud TV in the room next to ours most of the day and evening.
The hosts were hospitable and the breakfast was okay. The grounds are beautiful and it is a very pretty old house, but I have stayed in other B&Bs before with more accommodations, a better room and breakfast for a better price. My husband and I agreed we could have stayed in a nicer hotel for cheaper in Lexington and won't be back to Swann's Nest again.
Naomi

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Naomi C
There are newer reviews for Eighth Pole Inn

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I just returned from five days in Lexington and could not have stayed in a more charming and perfect place than Swann's Nest.
It is perfectly located, five minutes from the backgate of Keeneland RaceTrack and ten minutes from Bluegrass AIrport but you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by horse-filled meadows and chirping birds.
The Inn is lovely and will become even better in the next few months with renovations planned for all of the rooms.
The experience is enhanced by the gracious innkeeper and horseman, Jason, who can educate you to all things relative to horse racing. We've already made a reservation to return during next April's race meet at Keeneland!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Verandah Suite, upstairs with a wonderful view of the horsefarm next door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TaraR395
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had always heard that Keeneland was one of the country's nicest race tracks. So I decided to try it out. Got lucky and found the Swann's Nest to stay. Keeneland was everything and more than expected. But my stay at the Nest made my whole trip. What a wonderful place. Jason, the man in charge, makes you feel as if you had known him forever. The house is surrounded by horses and if you would like you can help with feeding them. It was very relaxing just what I had needed. Everyone that was staying there had been there many times before and I felt a sense of history at the place. Thank you Jason for a great vacation ...Your friend Mark

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark Q
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is our second year staying at the Swann's Nest. Although they are in the middle of renovations, the place still looks as good as it did the first year we stayed there. I can't wait for our stay next year and all the wonderful new things yet to come for Swann's Nest!

The rooms are very comfortable. The staff made us feel like we were family. There was nothing that my husband and I could have done to not feel welcomed. We were able to help ourselves to anything we wanted and the staff was readily available whenever there was a need. The breakfasts were wonderful and very filing. You did not walk away hungry. The staff and owners know the best places to eat and are willing to make reservations for you too.

My husband and I would highly recommend Swann's Nest if you are looking for a place to stay in the Commonwealth of Lexington. Plus, it is just in the backyard of Keeneland and a stones throw away from Kentucky Horse Park.

Room Tip: The prices for the rooms range differently depending on the size of the rooms, but they are all comp...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candy B
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We drove down from Minnesota to Kentucky to visit the horse farms. Before leaving we had discovered Swanns Nest on line and once we arrived we were very happy with our choice. Everyone there was so welcoming and very hospitable. They made us feel like family. We just loved it! Wished we could have stayed for a week. Would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. Excellent breakfast and beautifully decorated rooms with comfortable bed and surroundings.
Looking forward to going back hopefully next April.
Huge plus: A stones throw away from Keeneland Race track. Peaceful, serene setting.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lee26123
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Rooms kept unlocked, no key provided. Breakfast was eggs and bacon cooked by the horse trainer. Furnace malfunctioned, room was under 60 degrees. No employee available Saturday afternoon through our departure Sunday. No breakfast or coffee provided. We were promised a fire Saturday eve, but no one was available to make one. Snacks were a package of oreos, tootsie rolls and a container of gum. The complimentary bourbon was nice. Grounds are beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank TessaHDC
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Enjoyed our time in Lexington, especially staying at Swann's Nest! The location is the best in the Commonwealth to go to Keeneland. It is also close to many of the other area attractions. The owners know where the best places to eat and will gladly make reservations for you. All in all, we go at least twice a year as well others times just to have a relaxing weekend. Thank you rosalie and jason for your hospitality!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family