“Great place to stay with pets”

Residence Inn Lexington North
Ranked #41 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place to stay with pets”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

My husband and I and our dog stayed here one night last week. The room was large, very clean and the bed was comfortable (I like softer mattresses, and this fit the bill). The bathroom was nice -- a large granite counter with a sink, along with a separate room for the toilet and shower/bathtub. The bathroom had a fan (unfortunately we have found that hotels in this low price range don't always have fans, so it was nice to see one here).

The rooms all have doors to the outside (the hotel is sort of like a garden-style apartment complex) so it was very easy to take our dog out to the large grassy area on the side of the property. I would recommend that travelers with dogs request a room on the first floor to make things easier. I had actually requested a first floor room myself when I made the reservation, but I didn't repeat the request when we checked in at the front desk because I assumed that the front desk attendant would have the information. However, either he wasn't given the information from the reservation agent or there weren't any first floor rooms available, because we ended up with a room on the second floor, despite being given a room number in the 100s (by the time we realized that our room was on the second floor, we were too tired to go back to the front desk and make a request for a different room). So this meant that we had to walk down a flight of outdoor stairs every time we had to take our dog out. However, despite this problem, we still enjoyed our stay and we will definitely return for another visit if we need a dog-friendly hotel in Lexington KY in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Maryland
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I am a Marriott rewards member and a former Marriott employee but listen when I say - DO NOT STAY HERE! This is the worst Marriott property I have ever been in. The unit was filthy, the floors sticky, the water never got hot, the smell of the room was offensive, and the staff was terrible. The evening social was extremely poor (stale corn chips, celery sticks, and soda). We were supposed to be here for 3 days but checked out the next morning and went up the street to the full service Marriott (Griffin Gate) where the rate was the same and the saff were great. I woiuld have booked the Griffin Gate were it not for comments on Trip Advisor. We loved it. Don't understand the the negative comments about Griffin Gate.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Choppers_8
Iowa
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I stayed here for ten nights and enjoyed every minute of it. It is a typical Residence Inn with the full kitchen, including an oven which was nice. Upon arrival, waiting in our room were fresh baked cookies and a bottle water, a very nice touch! There wasn't a fitness center, but we were provided with passes to the fitness center in the Courtyard next door. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well! The only complaint I have is about the wireless internet, it was incredibly slow! I was lucky enough to have a laptop with built in mobile broadband that I could use! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 20, 2008

The hotel its self is just your average Marriott Res Inn hotel but the staff here are so warm and friendly. They really made us feel at home and went out of their way to be nice to our toddler and even let me take dinner back to the room so my husband could have dinner when he got in late from work. The hotel is right off the freeway which is nice and convienant.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — Our door was hard to get into to
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2006

I booked my room three weeks in advance because Lexington always sells out of rooms durning the weeks of Keenland. This was for two birthdays and an aniversary weekend. As I stated, I booked and paid for the room well in advance and let the reservations know that we would not check in until 8:30 pm.

When we showed up at 7:30 to shower and meet our other guest we were informed that "Our room was not available". What part of reservation do they not understand? Now we are 100 miles away from home with friends and family waiting for us and we have no accomidations. This is unexceptable.

Well, they finally decided to move us down the street to another hotel - one that I would not keep a dog in for free. Is this "Bait and Switch at its best"? They book a high end room for full price and then decide to let it go to some one else, most likely for a higher price as the rooms in town were selling out. Then move us to a lesser hotel for the same price.

Needless to say, our weekend was a bust thanks to the people at The Residence Inn on Newtown Pike in Lexington, KY. My advice would be to book with someone who will keep their word and honor your reservations or you might get put out on the street with the dogs.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kentucky
Reviewed March 19, 2006

Stayed here will attending a college program at the University. The welcome was wonderful, by a college student no less! There was a mix-up at first, we had requested a non-smoking room. The room smelled (reeked) of smoke. We were able to move quickly to another room. The young lady came to the room to make sure it met our expectations. The room (suite) was large, immaculate. When we needed ice, the same young lady brought us ice (the icemaker in the refrigerator had been off and wasn't making ice quick enough). The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of towels. The style of the suite was more than we needed for one night, but gave us room to spread out. The breakfast was elaborate, including food for the Japanese culture (which must stay there frequently). The food was plentiful and varied from fruits, pastries, breads, to eggs, waffles and miso soup! The location was perfect. We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank dentalhy
Chile
Reviewed October 11, 2005

I spend about half my time in hotels and try to stay at Residence Inns and this was probably the best I've stayed at. I was in this hotel in October 2005. The checkin and checkout were very fast and very well done. The rooms I had was 721 and it was very quiet, very clean. On one side of the building is the highway but it tends to be behind a small mound so not much noise gets through, the other side of the building faces onto a green area which I understand is owned by Lexmark who have their offices on the same land.

The surrounding areas, or Lexington in general, are very nice which made this an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business