“Impressive in every way except for the bed...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Lexington North

Residence Inn Lexington North
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Impressive in every way except for the bed...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family stayed at the Residence Inn North for one night while traveling through Lexington on a recent trip. Everything about this stay was incredible but for one very big problem with the bed.

The positives for this location are many. I called to make our reservation before we left home and the girl on the phone was very helpful. The reservation process was painless. Upon arrival I was greeted at the front desk by a very friendly worker (Jon was his name) and the check-in was as painless as the reservation. We had a one bedroom suite and it was fabulously decorated, very large, and very clean. The kitchen was well equipped with a stove, full sized fridge, and dishes for four people. The pictures on this site are pretty accurate based on our experience. We arrived on an evening the inn was hosting a free meal for guests as well as a bingo game. Because of several food allergies in our family these types of events rarely work for us. I asked the girl working the food counter for information about food ingredients and she went out of her way to find the answers I needed. I really appreciate her help. All of the employees I encountered were friendly. The cost for our stay was very reasonable, in fact, it was lower than several other hotels in the area. There is a small tennis court/basketball goal area as well as a very small exercise room. We didn't use any of these so I can't comment on how nice they are.

As you can see, this location has many positive attributes. Based on how nice the staff was and how well kept and equipped the room was I was planning on giving this hotel 5 stars with no hesitation. That is until we went to bed. This brings me to the absolute worst part of our stay. The mattresses were absolutely terrible. Not just bad, but terrible. My wife and I literally rolled into each other when we laid down. The mattress was so cheap/worn out that you could feel the individual springs. I slept very little that night. Since the hotel is primarily about having a place to sleep this is a major negative to me. So much so that I am not sure we would stay here again despite the incredible service and clean, beautiful rooms.

To be fair,I did mention my concern about the mattress during check-out. The front desk employee told me she believed management was planning on putting new mattresses in units in the coming weeks or months. If these are fixed then I can easily recommend this location but until then I would exercise caution if a good night's sleep is important to you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank pastparticiple
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Pastparticiple,
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided that for your stay! We are extremely happy that you had such a memorable stay in Lexington! The front desk agent was correct. We are due to replace our mattresses this year, hopefully by fall!
We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Lexington!

Michael O'Malley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Convenient location right at New Circle Rd, this hotel has a staff that goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Don't miss the yogurt parfaits at breakfast. Only downside is that the property is the old style..of 4 units to each block, with wooden staircase for the 2nd floor units. The nearby Lexmark facility apparently generates a lot of their business with their Asian employees. Overall, I would definitely return there on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Ken M,
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided that for your stay! We are beyond happy that you had such a memoriable stay in Lexington! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Lexington!

Cebu Island, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place is like another home for me. I was sent to Lexington for a job training and stayed there for almost 4 months. I had the basic tools for cooking which i love. The staff are friendly especially their manager and receptionists. I actually gave a necklace to their manager when I left, that's how happy customer I was. I felt comfortable with the place and it is clean and quiet. The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool. The gym is small and not spacious, it could only accommodate 4-5 people. Well, I have almost everything I need. There is a great Japanese restaurant right next door and in front is a gasoline station with a convenient store. If you need to buy groceries and do shopping, you have to drive a few minutes (10-15minutes) to the shopping centers such as Fayette Mall, Walmart and etc.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Dishua B,
Thank you for the amazing review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility and it shows that we provided that for your stay! We are beyond happy that you had such a memoriable stay in Lexington! Next time you are visiting us in Lexington, we will be happy to get you some passes to the YMCA down the street that boosts a large work out center! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Lexington!

Apollo Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Wandered in after trying to book a room at another local hotel (another story). Very helpful and friendly front desk staff. Room was nice but the bed was hard as a rock. Great Japanese restaurant right next door.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tellithowitis06111
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Tellithowitis06111,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington and it shows that we provided that for your stay! We are happy to announce that we will be upgrading our mattresses in the next 4-8 months! We hope that you choose our hotel again next time you are in Lexington and you have a great experience again!
Thank you!

Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We are Marriott rewards members. Have spent many nights in Marriott properties. Own Marriott timeshare. The checkin person treated us like we were chattel when we asked if our two rooms could be next to each other. We checked in early in order to get a good selection. He said they were full because of a concert in town which we were not attending. And didn't seem to care. Not a huge issue really. Just a bad attitude. No excuse for poor customer service.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Pamc54,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide the best customer service in Lexington as well as the best facility but it sounds like we dropped the ball on providing both of those services to you and your group! On behalf of my staff, I apologize! I will use this review as a training tool with each of our front desk agents to make sure we provide the best customer service in Lexington! I do hope you visit us again next time your in Lexington and let us prove to you that we do normally provide outstanding customer service!
Thank you again for your review!
Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited Lexington, KY between the Christmas and New Year's holidays. An online special, pet friendly policy, and its location near the Interstate and UK Hospital made this a great choice. The room was clean and nicely appointed. While we didn't take full advantage of the kitchen and fireplace, both amenities helped make this stay an enjoyable one. The kids enjoyed the opportunity to watch their own TV, while the parents de-compressed in the living area. The check-in / out staff were friendly and helpful and the kitchen staff was attentive to the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
RInorth, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington North, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Milton J,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel, the Residence Inn Lexington North. We strive to provide outstanding customer service as well as the best facility and I see you received both of those during your stay with us! Hopefully next time you will be able to stay with us a little longer and you will enjoy your kitchen and relax by a fire in your fireplace! We are happy that you had such a great stay in Lexington and we look forward to seeing you next time your in Lexington!

Thank you!
Kettering, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn, Lexington North on December 15, 2012. We were so pleased! The full kitchen is wonderful and I wish we had had more of an opportunity to use it. Both rooms were very clean and well lit and the bed was extremely comfortable. The fireplaces are real, wood burning fireplaces and you can purchase the fire log at the front desk. The rooms are designed to be very "homey" since they are used so often by business people who have extended stays. The second floor of the main building is where the free breakfast is served and during the early part of the week, I understand they have social gatherings there. The breakfast was plentiful, with both hot and cold offerings. You can easily get full here! I have to add that the staff is first rate! Each and every one of them was friendly and helpful. In short, I can find NOTHING to complain about! Our stay here made our visit to Lexington wonderful. I just wish we could find more reasons to have to visit!

Room Tip: We had rooms 1013 and 1014 on the first floor. Perfect and very private and quiet.