“Low end of satisfactory bargain hotel”

Quality Inn Northwest
Ranked #63 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
“Low end of satisfactory bargain hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

It's cheap and you get what you pay for. On the plus side, the hotel is well located on the north side of Lexington, near both interstates and New Circle Road. Everything works in the room and they have invested in some new vanities and bathroom amenities. There is an acceptable breakfast. On the negative side, this is an old hotel with peeling wallpaper, the cure for cancer embedded in the filthy carpets and grimy doors painted with the fingerprints of guests from long ago. I've certainly stayed at worse places and if you are tolerant of old and beat up but satisfied that you have good internet, a functional TV, microwave and frig, a decent breakfast and a safe environment, you won't feel ripped off because it is priced about right. Lexington has a wealth of two-star hotels and I can't imagine that this is the best value in town--but I'm a Choice Hotels Member and booked this through them to earn the points--it was more expensive than their Econo Lodge but less than their Comfort Inn. This place is not the Ritz but you will no doubt survive your stay unscathed.

Room Tip: They all look to be the same vintage; no advantages but perhaps the wing farthest from Newtown Pike...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank waldentenn
ManagerRMH, Manager at Quality Inn Northwest, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing the survey you received regarding your stay at our hotel. As a management team, we strive for ultimate guest satisfaction, and check all surveys so that we may always improve on guest satisfaction. We appreciate the comments you have shared with us, so that we may always improve upon our hotel and services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I chose this location because it advertised the property as 100% smoke-free. Upon check-in, I was almost knocked down by the nasty smell of stale cigarettes in my assigned room. There was a huge hole in the bed spread from a cigarette burn. I asked for a different room, and the front desk kindly obliged.

The second room was only slightly better, and by this time, I decided to just deal with it. I wish I'd walked away. My clothes, suitcase... everything.... had a lingering cigarette smell. I couldn't sleep because it was so bad.

I can put up with the hotel's run-down appearance, shoddy furniture, so-so mattress, old TV, mis-advertised hot breakfast buffet, and sketchy guests. But a hotel shouldn't advertise itself as smoke-free if it clearly doesn't do anything to ensure or enforce it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wabash2001
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I am a frugal traveler and will accept pretty much anything if it is clean and comfortable. This motel met those standards.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. The necessary amenities (toiletries, ice) were good. The breakfast was adequate, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, fruit. The TV was older and not the best picture but nothing to complain about.

The veneer on the drawers was coming off and there were pencil (or pen) marks on the wall, but the room was not dirty. I would probably stay there again but the motel is somewhat out of the way.

Ate dinner at the Japanese restaurant across the street. Had the hibachi dinner. The meat was excellent but the rest was OK.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElmWI
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Budget Friendly and Decent: After reading many of the reviews, I felt a short update on my experience would be helpful. My daughter and I stayed in this hotel in June of 2010 for one night on our way to TN. The property has clearly undergone some renovations, although there are more improvements that could be made. The bedding was new with pillow top type mattresses, very full and comfortable pillows and soft bedding. The sheets, blankets and pillows were clean and stain free. The carpet was vacuumed and the bathroom and sink area were also clean. Our room provided in-room coffee maker, hair dryer and the typical samples of soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. We had an older, but nice tv with cable and the free internet hooked up without any problems whatsoever. The hotel is an older hotel. This is a very budget friendly, clean and acceptable hotel for a "stop over" stay if you are not looking for the fancy lace and frills, but rather a clean place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The room was dirty and run down. I checked in very late so really didn't have the energy to look for something else. I was so disappointed I called management the next day. They were so rude I went to corporate. The gave me somewhat of a refund but I was so disgusted I'll never even set foot on the property again.

Room Tip: Double check and make sure they've updated things since August of 2011 before you book
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed there on an Expedia secret deal. It was a place to sleep. Clean room, decent bed. Old furniture. Outdoor entrance to room, which I don't prefer at all.

• Stayed October 2011
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Room was old, very basic, wallpaper coming off walls, old TV, lots of mexicans hanging out in parking lot..stay only if you have to..

• Stayed September 2011