All reviews the concierge lounge butter cake tracking number indoor and outdoor pools memory foam long weekend bit dated southern hospitality nice property fire pit kentucky horse park exercise room bourbon trail staff was friendly oatmeal shipping wedding
Reviewed June 19, 2018

In the beautiful country side of Lexington. KY us the Griffin Gate Marriott. Unfortunately, it looks like the Marriott's have forgotten about this property. Exterior steps and stone walls are crumbling. On a two night stay we had to call room service for a change in towels and a bath mat that was missing. Bugs in the room. Not recommended,

Date of stay: June 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at Lexington Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear Helen T, we are so very sorry our hotel has not met the standards you have come to love from the brand. We appreciate you letting us know where improvements are needed. Our housekeeping team has been made aware of the missing items in your guest room and they are all dedicated to paying closer attention to details moving forward. We are also addressing the unwelcome visitors and so very sorry for the uncomfortable experience. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will give us another chance to impress on a future stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We held an event here and also had a block of rooms for our guests to use. It was 50/50 good/bad experience.

First the good news.
The event - the good 50%. They have a very helpful staff, great event planners who were insightful and have “can do” attitudes, timely delivery of everything, nice banquet facilities. Just all around easy to work with and helped take some of the stress out of the event. Only glitch - climate control. But with that many people in one room, I can understand.

Now the bad 50%- the room. The decor is dated, lighting is weak, and the A/C is awful. Just awful. Nobody in our event party could cool their room off. No one person. After dancing all night, you’re hot and want to cool off and go to sleep. It was warm when we headed down to the party so I set the temp low - but it never cooled down. Not the 5 hours we were gone.
I complained when I checked out. I was offered a discounted breakfast. And that was about it. I was really tired & didn’t argue but should have said “I just spent umpteen dollars at your facility and I’m offered a discounted breakfast??” Thanks but no thanks. I’m tired. I’m hosting another event at home and need to go. I’m still frustrated with the lack of empathy.

I didn’t use the spa or golf course even though I paid a resort fee for it. So I can’t speak to that.

My opinion - if you are having an event - yes - host it here.

But if you want a nicer rooms with free breakfast - book your rooms across the street at the newer Embassy Suites.

Don’t mean to be harsh. But based on my experience, this is what I’d do if I did this over again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank S4526NXmarkb
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Lexington Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Mark B,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay and we are happy to hear that our hotel was a great place for your event! We hope you will accept our apologies for problems with the air conditioning in your room and that it never reached a comfortable temperature. We understand your frustration and we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We certainly hope you will come back for a problem-free visit the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

The hotel has a large lobby and is close to town and attractions. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quite. The restaurant has breakfast - the breakfast buffet is the way to go - great fruit, omelet station, oatmeal etc. very inexpensive. Burgers and bar food look very good while we were having a cocktail. There is a golf course on the property that looked nice - it rained while we were there. Have stayed before and always happy there. Also a spa on site which looked nice.

Room tip: Have stayed a few times, all on different floors and locations and always just fine.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Lexington Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear llp324,

Thank you for evaluating your time at the Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa. It is a pleasure to know you had a great stay with us once again and loved our well-maintained facility, along with your clean & comfortable room. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Griffin Gate is an older property by Marriott but has been updated. Griffin Park is an old estate with a Rees Jones Golf course and residential homes. It has beautiful grounds!
We had a 3 day stay and enjoyed it! Very professional and friendly service.
The restaurant was great for breakfast with a wonderful buffet. The JW Marriott Steak House was however disappointing from both a food and service standpoint. To be fair the hotel was fully booked and hosting 3 weddings.
All in all a very nice property in Lexington that you should try .

Trip type: Traveled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Lexington Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Dear Plymouth2010,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to post a review. It is a pleasure to know you had a good stay with us and liked our well-maintained property, amazing service, and delicious breakfast. We are sorry you were disappointed with the food and service at our Steak House and have shared your feedback with our culinary department to make improvements. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon at the Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit on the small side, although how much space do you really need for 2 but still very nice and the food in the restaurant was tasty. I got a reiki treatment in the spa on Friday and a pedicure on Saturday. The pool was a bit crowded on Saturday, but of course it was a weekend! I recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Lexington Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Terilee A,

Thank you for being our guest at the Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa. We enjoyed reading your review and learning about the highlights of your stay. We appreciate your comments about our location, excellent customer service and the many amenities we offer. Thanks so much for recommending us to future guests, and we hope to see you again soon.