“Business”

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We recently spent Saturday night at this hotel,and some of the other reviews were spot on. Though they are a "resort " this is a business hotel.We went there for an open house one of our suppliers put on.The hotel is nice enough, and the staff are friendly and helpful but it is overpriced. They do have a restaurant on site ,and room service.But you can eat anywhere for way less.We would have got a better deal and far better prices at a Hampton Inn and breakfast wouldn't have been 12-15.00 And it would have been a far quieter hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend for a wedding. First of all, it's easily located off of the highway with plenty of free parking and is a 10-15 min drive to Downtown (depending on traffic). Upon arriving, I was greeted immediately by someone to help me with my luggage which was much appreciated. Staff at the front desk was very friendly! Room was clean and very spacious. The beds were INCREDIBLY comfortable.

Made it down to the pool one morning to sit in the hot tub for a while and it was clean and well kept. Had a family breakfast on the last morning of our stay and although the price was a little steep (typical Marriott prices) for the buffet, the food was delicious, fresh and plentiful with many options! Breakfast staff was also very friendly and on top of things! This hotel is gorgeously decorated and is so pretty in the fall. There is a gift shop that has a Starbucks in it (big surprise!), a salon, large common areas, and many other areas I didn't have time to check out. Stopped by the gym just to view and it looked clean and sufficient. In conclusion, I would say this hotel is a great place to stay! It is very well kept, wonderful and kind staff and very (yes I had to say it again) comfortable beds!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Citylove09,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Tripadvisor readers and us. We are very pleased to learn about your great stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to Lexington!

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
dan.sirrine@marriott.com

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stay at the Griffin Gate almost every year for 4-5 nights during a family-centered convention. The staff is consistently helpful and friendly. During our most recent stay, I left my Canon Rebel XTi camera at the resort. I was surprised, delighted and impressed when the staff contacted me to let me know they had found it and were shipping it to me, free of charge and fully insured. THANK YOU, Griffin Gate.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Staff was friendly, professional and attentive. The rooms were clean and appropriately spacious, but the desk chair was cheap and uncomfortable to sit in and the desk was not designed to be used for reading or computing.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if return to Lexington for business or leisure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here a great deal. The hotel is clean and there are lots of fun activities on the resort grounds. I chose it in large part because it is pet friendly. The grounds are a great place to walk your furry sidekick. Staff has good Kentucky charm. Food was typical Marriott, meaning tasty and reasonably priced. I would repeat.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a great hotel in the heart of Kentucky's Bluegrass Region. The rooms are top notch and the hotel staff go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. We attended a week long Rotary conference there in September 2013 and enjoyed all the hotel had to offer. The restaurants, lounge and golf course affiliated with the hotel are the best. You will not go wrong at this hotel highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

After driving 400 miles Lexington was at the half way point. My wife and I stopped here and could not have been more pleased. The hotel was clean and bright, the staff was very helpful, the beds were to die for, everything in the room was top notch, the gift shop had items people would buy, the indoor pool was great and so was the food we had on site. The area is beautiful and I can say we were rested the next morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would please most people