“Southern Hospitality in Updated, older style Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Southern Hospitality in Updated, older style Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here for a meeting while Keeneland was meeting but probably had a fairly good rate due to the group meeting. Reception was very friendly and helpful and I loved that they were serving free samples of KY Bourbon mixed with Ale8 in the lobby (can't get more KY than that). The rooms looked recently remodeled and I thought the bed was extremely comfortable although was not sure until I sunk down into it when I laid down as initially it seemed to be hard. The bathroom was nice but tiny and may have been difficult if there had been more people sharing my room but for one person it was fine. We had breakfast and lunch at the Marriott as part of the meeting and food was absolutely excellent. I did not use the pool or any other facilities but it did seem to be a nice place to go for a family getaway. It is hard to find hotels with outdoor pools anymore and they did have an indoor and outdoor pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fieldtripmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

For the money I did not think this property was worth it. Room was nothing special and few amenities . However it rained while we were there so was unable to take advantage of outdoor pool. it is v close to horse park and fairly easy to get downtown.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank getofftheroad
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

They have an entire conceriege wing, which is nice but the lounge itself is pathetic and small and does not have nearly enough seats. My room was clean, but I had some severe sound proofing issues- I could hear conversations in adjacent rooms clearly, there was also no heating/cooling fan adjustment available for white noise. The door was also in rough shape, flimsy, didnt look secure when locked. The person at the elite check in was not helpful at all when asked questions and even said "I don't know, I'm not from around here" ok fine, neither am I but you could have at least referred me to someone who is. The gym was also 5000 degrees, I thought I was going to pass out.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello Surfergirl2020,

Thank you for reviewing our resort! Please accept our apologies for these issues and our failure to address these while you were here with us. It is particularly disappointing to hear that one of our associates did not offer further assistance to you when you had asked.

I am very interested in following up on several of your comments, and I would be grateful for a personal email from you with a few additional details. Then I can also offer something to you in lieu of your experience here.

Thank you again, and I hope to hear from you!

Kind Regards,

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
dan.sirrine@marriott.com
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed there during the Rolex three day event, which is probably the busiest time of year for the hotel. HOWEVER:
I hadn't' been in a while and they shut down the very beautiful house next door which used to hold a fab restaurant, siting "economic conditions". So we went to the in house place, which was good but very crowded. I spent 300+ for a concierge room. The conceirge floor was packed. When we arrived, there were no amenities left (no snacks, etc) same for the a m breakfast (no food was left when we got there). The rooms are SO TIRED and the balcony had NO furniture, not even a chair.
I spotted a roach. THe bed was comfortable (foam matress) but the overall congestion made the experience horrible. There are no quality restaurants near by so if you happen to be associated with the horse park, book at the marriott restaurant or you will be pretty darn sorry..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello Tomuchtravel,

Thank you for staying with us, and for providing your thoughtful review of our resort. As you noted, the Rolex 3 Day Event weekend is an extremely busy weekend for our property along with most other hotels in the area. I would like to apologize, though, as this seemed to have negatively impacted your full enjoyment of our resort. Our Concierge Lounge gets heavy use, and we want to ensure that everyone coming in to join us has an opportunity to enjoy the food and beverage we provide. We will do a much better job of adequately stocking this in the future. We have just completed a 1 million dollar renovation on our guest rooms so I'd like to learn more about your perception of our rooms and balconies (all of which have balcony furniture). Mentioning a "pest" in a review can be the kiss of death in many readers mind, so I would just like so say we have not had any reports, but when guests have spotted ants, etc. we have a very quick, convincing response. And we invest a great deal to ensure the highest levels of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained. Finally, our beauiful Mansion, where we provided an elegant dinner service up until a few years ago, is now open and available for groups and private catered functions (weddings, corporate dinners, recepeptions, etc.). We have had many guests ask to tour the Mansion and we are always happy to spend some time touring this unique home, built back in the 1800s.

I regret that there isn't more that I can do for you in lieu of your poor experience as a result of simply reading this review. I hope you will consider contacting me via phone or email so I learn a little more about your stay. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will allow us to host your stay in the future.

Kind Regards,

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
(859) 288-6128
dan.sirrine@marriott.com
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you live golf, swimming, & a great spa...this is the place for you! Front desk check-in was easy and very welcomng! Beautiful golf course with great employees. Ashton was willing to get cart & clean clubs with a smile & great attitude. Pool was clean & pool staff was on top of serving lunch & refilling drinks! They have 2 beautiful pools & jacuzzis (indoor & outdoor). Service & food in JW's was great! Loved our stay!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Raymond Q
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Griffin Gate for a long weekend. Everything was great- the service, the location, the room, etc! I left some of my clothes in my room and realized once I got home and unpacked. I called them late that night and they quickly got back to me and had the items I left shipped out the next morning. They even called with a tracking number and I received a package with everything I left within 2 days. I was SO impressed. I will always stay at the Griffin Gate when I am in Lexington!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Service was top notch, starting with valet and check-in. Service in their restaurant was also very good.

The rooms were typical for a resort, but had very comfortable beds.

Being a resort and a weekend stay, they did have some large groups but the hotel didn't feel crowded.

I would recommend this location.

• Stayed May 2013