“Delayed Check in” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Greenville Ohio
“Delayed Check in”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff at this hotel provided friendly service but check in was delayed well past the 4 PM check in time for many of our guests booked to attend our son's September wedding. At least 6 of our block of 20 guest rooms were not ready even though we had reserved and identified needing them for that purpose well in advance .
The guest rooms heat and A/C grilles also need a thorough cleaning. The rooms were small and not what you would expect at a Marriott Hotel. We have been always been loyal Marriott guests but the word spread quickly throughout the 250 wedding guests of how disappointed yhey all were with this Marriott Hotel. We would not recommend this hotel for an event stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have large balconys with larger bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GriffinGate, Manager at Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Hello mhdhGreenvilleOhio,

I would first like to apologize for the poor experience you reported in your review with our failure to get all of the members of your wedding party checked in promptly. We appreciate how important it is for guests and groups staying with us to get into their rooms when they arrive - particularly when preparing for an important event like a wedding. We are truly sorry this did not happen for all of your family and friends.

I am also very sorry that your guest room did not meeting your expectations. It is critically important to us that we offer guest rooms that are maintained and cleaned to the highest standards. In addition, we are beginning an unprecedented, multi-millon dollar room renovation in December (2012) that will completely update our guest rooms. We will have new Temper-Pedic beds in all rooms (perhaps the only hotel in the country to offer this), new carpet, wall vinyl, lighting, artwork, furniture, etc.

We appreciate that you have many choices of where to stay when you trave, we appreciate your business and hope that you might consider staying at Griffin Gate Resort again in the future. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you.

Kind Regards,

Dan Sirrine
Director of Operations
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed here twice and dined here several times. The service is excellent! The rooms are very clean and comfortable, with the best bedding. Also, on my most recent stay, I left my favorite jacket hanging int he closet. When I called to inquire, I received top-notch service and my jacket was shipped to me within two days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here twice for business and I do not have a single negative to note. Rooms are clean. Service is great!!! Front desk was super accommodating and helpful! They heated up my good for me and offered to carry to my room for me as it was hot to the touch. That is not your average level of service!!! KUDOS to management and staff for caring so much!

Fitness center allows for ability to complete workout and is clean.

Breakfast buffet is so worth the price as food is hot, fresh and options allow for clean/ healthy eating.

I will stay here again for business with confidence.

• Stayed August 2012
Fredericksburg, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

The service is terrific, but the hotel is overpriced and rundown.

Small rooms with peeling wallpaper, rusty hinges on the bathroom door, mold in the tub and dated furnishings. No WiFi in the rooms at all. Wired internet costs $12.95 per day. and it is not much faster than dialup. Room service menu was very limited. I don't see any reason to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night with two children. We greatly enjoyed our short stay in Lexington - however - this hotel is desparate for a refurbishment. Our room was extremely dated (I think one window actually faced into the hotel and had a very dodgy blind/curtain covering it from the inside). The bathroom was extremely small and had peeling off wallpaper. The pool area was nice - especially because it was so hot outside - but again, the whole place could use a make-over. I understand this would be a huge project as it is an enormous hotel but until then, I would probably choose another hotel in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kitchener,ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for a conference earlier this month. From check in to check out, it was a very good stay. The hotel was very attentive to a couple issues during the first night. But they more then made up for it with a personal letter from the hotel manager and a credit for hotel amenities. The restaurant on site JW's was top shelf for a dinner and couple breakfasts. The room was set up for business use and the hotel housekeeping staff go way out of their way to make sure you're comfortable. It was a pleasurable stay, even though I was there for business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend and while the hotel is nice, you can tell it's older. Rooms are very nice, there is a starbucks in the lobby which was good for me. The internet is not free which is a bummer, but there is some free internet in the lobby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business