“Great stay, great experience”

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Kitchener,ON
“Great stay, great experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for a conference earlier this month. From check in to check out, it was a very good stay. The hotel was very attentive to a couple issues during the first night. But they more then made up for it with a personal letter from the hotel manager and a credit for hotel amenities. The restaurant on site JW's was top shelf for a dinner and couple breakfasts. The room was set up for business use and the hotel housekeeping staff go way out of their way to make sure you're comfortable. It was a pleasurable stay, even though I was there for business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend and while the hotel is nice, you can tell it's older. Rooms are very nice, there is a starbucks in the lobby which was good for me. The internet is not free which is a bummer, but there is some free internet in the lobby. I would stay here again.

Georgia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Be prepared to step back in time...the price is definitely 2012 ! not cheap, but for what it offers is a joke and sends you back in the 70s.
Let me start with the fact that is not near anything spectacular, in fact if you are unlucky and have to leave at around 3:00 pm, the leading road will be clogged up with all sorts of traffic. The hotel looks like it has been built in late '70s and it sure enough makes you feel it when you get inside. Starting with the parking lot the best places are reserved for valet parking. Having kids and / or elderly people, you will have to walk quite a bit. The architecture resembles more of a government building than a hotel. There is no refrigerator in the room, no microwave, the windows are leaking and the air conditioning is not working during the summer. If you get a cooler, rainy day, say September and you would like to warm up, you will be told that the temperature will not raise above 72 degrees because the boilers of the building will not be turned on - it costs too much I was told !! ( no, I am not kidding) so, be prepared to have a blanket with you, just for a rainy day. Furniture is dated, TV may work or not... and I could continue with an overpriced hotel restaurant with average food.
Overall, I would definitely not recommend and for sure I won't be returning here.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the 3xx odd range unless you enjoy a "superb" view to the ACs units and roo...
Kentucky
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a gorgeous hotel; impeccably clean, very upscale, beautiful exotic landscaping, wonderful staff. My only complaint is that I went there to RELAX (it's a resort and spa) and instead ended up with a headache from the loud, pounding Top 40 radio stations blaring from speakers at the poolside bar, from early morning until evening, even when the bar was closed! Much as I struggled to zone out to the soothings sounds of the fountain/waterfall and enjoy the lovely pool and hot tub, it was a little hard to maintain the "tropical paradise" state of mind with club music pounding my ears every minute. When I asked (several employees) if it couldn't be turned off -- I was often the only one poolside; at other times, there were a few senior citizens whom I sure weren't enjoying it, either -- I was told it was "company policy" to play the Top 40. Even my compromise to switch to classical music was rejected. In this day and age, can't we each choose our OWN music through personal listening devices or even choose (gasp) silence if we're there to relax? It was rather annoying and not very classy! Otherwise, I have nothing but praise for this luxurious resort. I would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: I requested a "balcony" room, but was pleasantly surprised to instead be given one on the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Rockville, Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I misplaced my prescription sunglasses on the property and left without them. I called the front desk and they asked what areas we were in and promised to get back to me soon. Later in the afternoon the manger of the bar called and told me he had found my glasses. They were shipped insured overnight that afternoon. Excellent customer service in addition to a superior resort. I plan to stay again when I visit Lexington.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Yspilanti
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed a few nights and had a very relaxing time. We got the breakfast package and had the breakfast buffet, which was excellent. This is a huge hotel with a nice layout. Our room had a big private balcony and was very comfy. The pool area is nice and the hot tub felt great. All the employees are very friendly.

Room Tip: Call Marriott reservations for good deals.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at Griffin Gate many times, and have business meeting there often. It has been around for awhile, and for those who love golf, I hear the golf course is great. Although I'm not a golfer myself. The hotel had been getting a little worn, but this time, much had been renovated. It was very new and fresh, and the rooms were much more comfortable. The bed and linens where to die for, we slept so good. There were several meeting groups there at the same time and that was a little chaotic. But in this economy I was glad to see they were busy. So anyway if your in Lexington, its a great venue for meetings, and great place to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business