“Service beyond the stay!”

Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Spring Hill, FL
“Service beyond the stay!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay with friendly, professional staff and very accommodating amenities. The food and the staff in the restaurant were fantastic (hostess made me feel most welcome and server was very pleasant), and I wish I had stayed long enough to visit the spa. The front desk staff were so kind to look up my Marriott rewards number and give me credit for my room that was actually my husband's business trip. These little things make a huge difference. I run a business myself, and with my understanding of customer service, I will say they "get it"! The preparation and care that was afforded by room service was impeccable, with nothing overlooked. It was a great stay and the people are remarkable all around.... HOWEVER After I left and was already on the airplane, I realized my favorite shoes were left behind. Taking a stab in the dark, I asked my husband to call and see if I indeed made a mistake, hoping they hadn't been thrown away. I was so thrilled that they were salvaged, boxed, and immediately shipped to my home! Thank you so much for going the extra mile. You did not have to incur the expense of shipping my shoes, but I really, really appreciate it! I've been home for several days, and you're still taking care of me! :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while visiting our son at U of K. It was a short 15 minute drive to campus and also easy to access the Interstate. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Room was clean and well maintained. The bathroom is small for a suburban hotel and for a category 5 Marriott. Being a Marriott Gold member, we had access to the Concierge Lounge which was a very nice feature and made our stay more enjoyable. Parking is plentiful, convenient and free.

Since most restaurants in town were very busy Saturday evening we had dinner in the hotel steakhouse. The menu is very basic. Food and service were satisfactory, but nothing was impressive. I would rate the restaurant a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
chicago
Reviewed April 12, 2012

we have stayed here several times and each time it has been very pleasant...clean rooms, nice staff and good location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in Lexington KY

Room Tip: the kingsize bed room was very comforatble...plenty of room only problem was you had to pay for wi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Hotel is in a great location, but the rooms are in depserate need of an upgrade and they are very old and worn. The room service was fast and food was good and the gym had some great modern equipment, but the rooms really lacked and showed their age.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank XUACE
Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Griffin Gate Resort in Lexington for a Saturday night stay, March, 2012. We were in town for two days to do the Bourbon Trail. We found a nice price online that included the breakfast buffet. First of all, the property is large, clean, with plenty of parking. The registration process was easy and quick. The attendant was helpful, courteous, and went out of her way to give us maps, directions, etc. She also placed us (two couples) in adjacent rooms without having to ask. The lobby was busy but not congested and there was no line.

The rooms are comfortable & clean. The bed is extremely comfortable with lots of pillows. There is a flat screen TV which is nice. There is also a nested table which we moved out in order to place cards in the evening with our friends. You also have a chair and side table in the room. We didn't have a great view, but didn't really matter to us. I think the worst feature is the bathroom. The bathroom is small and there isn't much room between the toilet and the bathroom door. It is rather tight quarters. There was also a lot of hall noise in the morning. I read reviews online that classified the rooms as nice business accommodations and I would have to agree. It's really nice--but nothing amazing! It was perfect for us as we didn't spend much time in the room. The location was good, value was good. The breakfast buffet was wonderful! Lots of fruit, bacon/sausage, eggs, potatoes, and made to order items from the grill. Service throughout the entire facility was wonderful--always willing to meet you every need. We enjoyed our stay...

Room Tip: There were some rooms that had balcony areas. That would be fun to explore. Maybe those are the su...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Having read many reviews and given we are loyal to the Marriott brand, we decided we had to stay here. The location is terrific to Keeneland, downtown Lexington and many of the "must see and do" attractions of the area.
However, the king room was small and the bathroom smaller. The decor looked like an old,
un-co-ordinated collection of color, style and function. The drapes were yellow, gold and green with a navy blue rug. It looked like layers of past renovations or remnants left over from other Marriott room renovations.
The most disappointing was the lack of free in room internet - for wireless we had to sit in the lobby! How passe.
The saving grace was the most helpful bellman who gave us tips about visiting Keeneland and suggestions as we headed into the city. If I could remember his name I would like to publicly thank him as he was a TERRIFIC resource to the area.
All in all it was adequate but not what we had anticipated or expect from Marriott.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EaglesSteelers
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We bid on this hotel on priceline and got it for $90 plus the additional resort fees and tax. It was a lovely room and a great king -sized tempurpedic bed! We had a good night's sleep at a great price! No breakfast is included but there is a Starbucks in the lobby. It was perfect for us as we were driving through because it was an easy on/off the freeway. The best part was the price!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple